Thread poster: Roomy Naqvy
Roomy Naqvy
Roomy Naqvy  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 05:34
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jul 6, 2004

1. To retrieve my older data in the legacy system, should I go to legacy-ftp.proz.com and copy all my data from there so that it can be saved before it is deleted.

2. I have enabled [my email address] as an email address which I use as POP in my yahoo and it is also subscribed to few mailing lists. Will this email address be functional? I'm worried about this one.

Roomy

P.S. Jason, thanks for telling me about the email address so that it would not be harves
... See more
1. To retrieve my older data in the legacy system, should I go to legacy-ftp.proz.com and copy all my data from there so that it can be saved before it is deleted.

2. I have enabled [my email address] as an email address which I use as POP in my yahoo and it is also subscribed to few mailing lists. Will this email address be functional? I'm worried about this one.

Roomy

P.S. Jason, thanks for telling me about the email address so that it would not be harvested by spammers.

[Edited at 2004-07-08 19:25]
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 20:04
SITE STAFF
Migration from old hosting system copies old site and enables old email address Jul 8, 2004

Roomy,

I already answered you privately about this, but for the benefit of others:

Roomy Naqvy wrote:

The migration process will copy the files from your account in the old hosting system to the new hosting system.

[quote]2. I have enabled
ed] as an email address which I use as POP in my yahoo and it is also subscribed to few mailing lists. Will this email address be functional? I'm worried about this one.

Your old email address should still work in the new hosting system.

By default, your email account in the new hosting system functions in "catch-all" mode--that is, all email delivered to @roomynaqvy.ws will be delivered to the same mailbox. It also possible to explicitly specify additional email accounts, and to disable the default, "catch-all" behavior. See the control panel documentation for more information about these options.

By the way, I recommend that you remove your email address from your previous post, to prevent it from being harvested by spammers.

I hope this helps.

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Queries: About older hosting

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »