Problem with cPanel "Forwarders" -- mail only getting redirected and no copy is being left behind
Thread poster: Kevin Pfeiffer (X)
Kevin Pfeiffer (X)
Kevin Pfeiffer (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:11
German to English
+ ...
Sep 26, 2011

According to the cPanel Forwarder, it allows me "to send a copy of all mail from one email address to another" and ephasizes that "the forwarded mail will still be delivered to the original address as well."

This is great and is exactly what I want. But in practice it is not happening. Messages are being forwarded, but the forwarded mail is NOT still being delivered to the original address as well. In essence I'm getting a redirect only, which is not what I want.

Can an
... See more
According to the cPanel Forwarder, it allows me "to send a copy of all mail from one email address to another" and ephasizes that "the forwarded mail will still be delivered to the original address as well."

This is great and is exactly what I want. But in practice it is not happening. Messages are being forwarded, but the forwarded mail is NOT still being delivered to the original address as well. In essence I'm getting a redirect only, which is not what I want.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,

Kevin Pfeiffer
Collapse

Joshua Pepper
Joshua Pepper  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:11
French to English
+ ...
Gmail Sep 26, 2011

I'm not really very savvy in this sort of thing, but I have gmail configured to collect mail from a cPanel webmail address.

The option to leave a copy on the original server was something that was configured on the gmail side, not the cPanel side.

Not sure if this is similar to your problem, but maybe it will help.

Kevin Pfeiffer (X)
Kevin Pfeiffer (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:11
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 26, 2011

Thanks, Joshua. That would work for me, too. I didn't see this option offered in Gmail, but will take a closer look -- maybe I missed it.

-K

* I see now --- Google offers something called the Mail Fetcher that does just this.

[Edited at 2011-09-26 09:53 GMT]

** OKAY, that did the trick for me. A couple comments:

- Using the "basic html" view of GoogleMail, this setting for Mail Fetcher was not visible.
- GoogleMail makes (in my b
... See more
Thanks, Joshua. That would work for me, too. I didn't see this option offered in Gmail, but will take a closer look -- maybe I missed it.

-K

* I see now --- Google offers something called the Mail Fetcher that does just this.

[Edited at 2011-09-26 09:53 GMT]

** OKAY, that did the trick for me. A couple comments:

- Using the "basic html" view of GoogleMail, this setting for Mail Fetcher was not visible.
- GoogleMail makes (in my brief opinion) an excellent mail client when using the
web browser in 3rd-generation Kindle readers -- use the URL m.gmail.com
for their mobile interface design.

[Edited at 2011-09-26 10:02 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with cPanel "Forwarders" -- mail only getting redirected and no copy is being left behind

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »