Sergio Guillén
Sergio Guillén  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 18, 2011

Hi,

I have recently signed up for the ProZ Hosting service.

I am using a different registrar than ProZ and I have followed the instructions for this case (Updated DNS info. Primary nameserver: NS1.HOST.PROZ.COM, Secondary nameserver: NS2.HOST.PROZ.COM).

Then I have successfully installed WordPress. However, wh
... See more
Hi,

I have recently signed up for the ProZ Hosting service.

I am using a different registrar than ProZ and I have followed the instructions for this case (Updated DNS info. Primary nameserver: NS1.HOST.PROZ.COM, Secondary nameserver: NS2.HOST.PROZ.COM).

Then I have successfully installed WordPress. However, when I enter my website's URL (http://www.translationslisko.com/) in my web browser, the standard page from ProZ opens, please see below:
-----------------------------------------------------
This page has not been created yet!

This ProZ.com member has not yet uploaded a web page. Please try back again later.

If this is your site and you need some tips on getting started, please visit your hosting info page for links to further information.

About ProZ.com Hosting
-----------------------------------------------------
I have followed all the steps but I don't know how can I fix this issue.

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Sergio
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:20
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
DNS Servers May 18, 2011

Hi Sergio,

Normally you have to wait one or two days before the DNS information has propagated and the whole internet is aware of your existence.

Probably your website is already there but you're not in the "telephone book" yet.

Cheers,
Gerard

[Edited at 2011-05-18 22:19 GMT]

Ambrose Li
Ambrose Li  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:20
English
+ ...
index.html (or similar) that need to be deleted? May 19, 2011

Since the page is already identifying itself as being hosted on proz.com, DNS is definitely not the problem here.

IMHO, the likeliest cause is a placeholder index.html or similar (e.g., home.html, index.htm, etc.) that need to be deleted. Static HTML files often override dynamic content, so until you delete that spurious file your site will look like it has not been set up yet. Once you delete that file (if there is indeed such a spurious file that should not be there) thin
... See more
Since the page is already identifying itself as being hosted on proz.com, DNS is definitely not the problem here.

IMHO, the likeliest cause is a placeholder index.html or similar (e.g., home.html, index.htm, etc.) that need to be deleted. Static HTML files often override dynamic content, so until you delete that spurious file your site will look like it has not been set up yet. Once you delete that file (if there is indeed such a spurious file that should not be there) things should start working as expected.

PS: I don’t have a Proz hosting account, so I am just guessing from similar past experience.

PPS: WordPress is obviously already installed, since going to /wp-admin gives the login screeen as expected.
So I looked through the FAQ. I think the file you should delete is indeed “index.html”.

[Edited at 2011-05-19 03:10 GMT]
Collapse

Sergio Guillén
Finland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
FIXED! :) May 19, 2011

Ambrose Li wrote:

IMHO, the likeliest cause is a placeholder index.html or similar (e.g., home.html, index.htm, etc.) that need to be deleted. Static HTML files often override dynamic content, so until you delete that spurious file your site will look like it has not been set up yet. Once you delete that file (if there is indeed such a spurious file that should not be there) things should start working as expected.

PS: I don’t have a Proz hosting account, so I am just guessing from similar past experience.

PPS: WordPress is obviously already installed, since going to /wp-admin gives the login screeen as expected.
So I looked through the FAQ. I think the file you should delete is indeed “index.html”.

[Edited at 2011-05-19 03:10 GMT]

Thank you guys for your kind help. Ambrose, you were completely right, all I had to do was delete the file index.html from my website's public folder. I had seen this file before I uploaded WordPress but I just didn't realised (first time I'm doing this stuff!).

Luciana Verona
Luciana Verona  Identity Verified
Finland
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sergio, do you know.... Dec 19, 2013

if it's possible to install the latest Wordpress version?

I'm yet another newby in this, and I'm racking my brains trying to install Wordpress in my Proz hosting, but until now I wasn't successful. Searching the forum I saw you have installed it correctly, but since we are two years later now, I wonder if it's just nos possible anymore.

I asked support but all they say is that WP is not officially supported but some members have been able to install it. So I thought ma
... See more
if it's possible to install the latest Wordpress version?

I'm yet another newby in this, and I'm racking my brains trying to install Wordpress in my Proz hosting, but until now I wasn't successful. Searching the forum I saw you have installed it correctly, but since we are two years later now, I wonder if it's just nos possible anymore.

I asked support but all they say is that WP is not officially supported but some members have been able to install it. So I thought maybe you know if the current version is supported?

Thank you so much.
Collapse

Sergio Guillén
Finland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not using ProZ Hosting anymore Dec 19, 2013

Hi Luciana,

A few months after installing WP using the free hosting service offered by ProZ, I had to buy a hosting plan from a hosting provider as the ProZ hosting has a really low bandwidth. That means as soon as you have around 100 visitors at any given month, your website will be down until the end of the month.

I recommend not to use the ProZ hosting.

Best,
Sergio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Domain points to "This page has not been created yet!" ProZ page

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »