Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 17:37
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Nov 21, 2010

Dear Prozians,

As a paid member of Proz I am thinking of designing a website.

I have found out that I can do that on Proz.com

1) Can any of fellow-translators send me a link of their website hosted by Proz?

2) Do you know if this Proz hosting can be used not only for translation/interpreting/proofing services?

I will be grateful for your answers.

Yours,
VS

Suzan Hamer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:37
English
+ ...
I too would like to see some Proz-hosted websites. Nov 21, 2010

Thanks for posting this question. I am also curious to see what other members have done with their websites, so I think it would be great (and also draw attention to your site and services) if people would post links here.

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
All web sites hosted by ProZ.com must be language-related Nov 22, 2010

Hello Vitals and Suzan,

Please note that all web sites hosted by ProZ.com must be language-related. This is so because the site is not attempting to run a profitable hosting business in the low-margin web hosting industry.

You can find a list of web sites created with ProZ.com SiteCreator here.

Als
... See more
Hello Vitals and Suzan,

Please note that all web sites hosted by ProZ.com must be language-related. This is so because the site is not attempting to run a profitable hosting business in the low-margin web hosting industry.

Also, more information about ProZ.com hosting service is available in the FAQs section.

Hope this helps!

Lucia
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
I use it since years Nov 22, 2010

I moved my file to the proz hosting about five years ago. You can view it via my profile. I don't know of any restrictions except space and traffic related.

Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:37
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hosting Nov 22, 2010

I've been using Proz hosting services for several years. I started with a site hosted at my.proz.com, then bought a domain name and migrated it to the current site www.rebeccahendry.co.uk

I've always been happy with the hosting services. Email is pretty reliable - there have only ever been a couple of minor issues and these have been very quickly resolved. And Proz staff are always very helpfu
... See more
I've been using Proz hosting services for several years. I started with a site hosted at my.proz.com, then bought a domain name and migrated it to the current site www.rebeccahendry.co.uk

I've always been happy with the hosting services. Email is pretty reliable - there have only ever been a couple of minor issues and these have been very quickly resolved. And Proz staff are always very helpful.

I would certainly recommend it!
Collapse

Lithuania
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 22, 2010

I want to thank you all for the feedback, it answered my questions.

Have a good day!
VS

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Traffic and size limitations Nov 22, 2010

are the biggest problem of ProZ hosting, if you attemt to use FTP services on regular basis.
This said I mus admit, that I use this hosting since the very beginning and am more than satisfied with the quality of service I receive.
During all those years I can remember just one problem there, which has been settled within zero time (nearly). Such service is unbeatable.
So if you want just to place your website on ProZ hosting, use it for mails and have a ftp solution just in cas
... See more
are the biggest problem of ProZ hosting, if you attemt to use FTP services on regular basis.
This said I mus admit, that I use this hosting since the very beginning and am more than satisfied with the quality of service I receive.
During all those years I can remember just one problem there, which has been settled within zero time (nearly). Such service is unbeatable.
So if you want just to place your website on ProZ hosting, use it for mails and have a ftp solution just in case, the service will be perfect for you.
Should you plan a heavy use of ftp you need an extended traffic volume and more space on the server - then ask for an individual package, which will be made available for you (at least this is what I do think and hope).

Best regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Lithuania
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks once again Nov 22, 2010

Thank you, Jerzy, you inspired me even more.

I didn't realize the FTP service was there, too...

Have a good day!

Lithuania
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To Heinrich Nov 22, 2010

Dear Heinrich,

I went to your profile and followed the link of your website.

The domain name (or whatever it is called) of your website (schnee... etc.), doesn't have "proz" in it. How did you do that? I thought the only option was to have "proz" in the name?!

Yours,
VS

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Never heard of that Nov 22, 2010

Vitals wrote:

Dear Heinrich,

I went to your profile and followed the link of your website.

The domain name (or whatever it is called) of your website (schnee... etc.), doesn't have "proz" in it. How did you do that? I thought the only option was to have "proz" in the name?!

Yours,
VS

You can transfer your own domain without any reference to proz. It works like any other hosting service.
I don't use e-mail on my domain, but could of course.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Which page, again? Nov 22, 2010

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

I clicked the link and got this:

Requirements not met
In order to use the ProZ.com site builder you need to create a hosting account. To find out more information on how to do this click here.

...with no list of sites created. What am I missing?

Samuel

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
@Heinrich (off-topic) Nov 22, 2010

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
I moved my file to the proz hosting about five years ago. You can view it via my profile.

Why is it that your site's top 10 search words include snow, winter, resorts, ski, and sports?
http://extremetracking.com/open;ref2?login=hpesch1

LegalTranslatr2  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:37
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Here is my Proz hosted site Nov 22, 2010

www.TheLegalTranslator.com
www.TampaLegalTranslations.com
www.TampaLegalTranslation.com
www.TampaTranslations.com
www.TampaLegalTranslator.com

I have had the site for 4-5 years and never had a problem with it or e-mail.
(The advanced hosting package allows you to have multiple domain names)

Vitals wrote:

Dear Prozians,

As a paid member of Proz I am thinking of designing a website.

I have found out that I can do that on Proz.com

1) Can any of fellow-translators send me a link of their website hosted by Proz?

2) Do you know if this Proz hosting can be used not only for translation/interpreting/proofing services?

I will be grateful for your answers.

Yours,
VS

Lithuania
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ Jeff Nov 22, 2010

Thank you, Jeff, for sharing the links.

The site looks very professional and simple at the same time. I liked it.

Best,
Vitalijus

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Tourism related Nov 22, 2010

Samuel Murray wrote:

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
I moved my file to the proz hosting about five years ago. You can view it via my profile.

Why is it that your site's top 10 search words include snow, winter, resorts, ski, and sports?
http://extremetracking.com/open;ref2?login=hpesch1

Before I started freelancing I tried to launch a site about Finland for German tourists. Most of my files are still from that time, but I don't update it any more.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com hosting service - feedback needed

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search