Joël Mortensen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:58
Member (2004)
Danish to French
+ ...
Sep 22, 2010

Hi,

My website is down or offline and I don't have access to the Control Panel and to the webmail.
It's terrible for my business.
When I click on the Cpanel and web mail links on the hosting page, the login window doesn't show up. I get a blank page with a time out error message.

I submitted my first support request 8 days ago and the problem hasn't been solved yet.

How long is the waiting time ?

Regards,

Joël Morten
... See more
Hi,

My website is down or offline and I don't have access to the Control Panel and to the webmail.
It's terrible for my business.
When I click on the Cpanel and web mail links on the hosting page, the login window doesn't show up. I get a blank page with a time out error message.

I submitted my first support request 8 days ago and the problem hasn't been solved yet.

How long is the waiting time ?

Regards,

Joël Mortensen
Collapse

Tina Colquhoun
Tina Colquhoun  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:58
Danish to English
+ ...
Move your website pdq Sep 22, 2010

Proz is not a great hosting solution. What you describe happened to me time and time again. Even moving my website away from proz was riddled with problems. I decided I had to move before it cost me a significant amount of money. Website was down repeatedly. E-mail was a disaster. As you can see from their hosting terms and conditions, proz don't exactly guarantee anything - let alone an efficient service. In fact, as you point out, hosting with proz can be terrible for your business.

... See more
Proz is not a great hosting solution. What you describe happened to me time and time again. Even moving my website away from proz was riddled with problems. I decided I had to move before it cost me a significant amount of money. Website was down repeatedly. E-mail was a disaster. As you can see from their hosting terms and conditions, proz don't exactly guarantee anything - let alone an efficient service. In fact, as you point out, hosting with proz can be terrible for your business.

Save yourself the headache and move to a competent provider!

Good luck!
Collapse

Maria Dotterer
Maria Dotterer
United States
English to Tahitian
+ ...
Safeguard is in place Sep 22, 2010

Dear Joel,

Please note that a systems administrator has discovered why your access has been blocked. A 'safeguard' is in place which results in blocked access if multiple attempts to log into an account are made within a short period of time.

A reply to your question has been provided on the support request you submitted as well.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Best regards,

Maria
ProZ.com staff

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:58
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
ProZ.com hosting service Sep 22, 2010

Dear Tina,

Thank you for the feedback. ProZ.com staff has made improvements to the hosting service provided free with membership, and certainly further improvements could be made.

Please note that ProZ.com's is not a specialized hosting service per se; however, hosting services are offered free to members. Some may find that using a specialized hosting provider better meets their hosting needs.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Joël Mortensen
Joël Mortensen  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
Danish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My website is still offline Sep 23, 2010

Hi again,

I can't even try to login. I still can't access the login window itself.... and my website is still offline.

I'll probably try another hosting solution later, but I need to have my website online and an access to my webmail and webfiles today. I can't wait 3 days more.

I paid for the service. Hosting included.
No one told me it was free and not working properly. I don't understand why it takes so long to repair.

If I move to
... See more
Hi again,

I can't even try to login. I still can't access the login window itself.... and my website is still offline.

I'll probably try another hosting solution later, but I need to have my website online and an access to my webmail and webfiles today. I can't wait 3 days more.

I paid for the service. Hosting included.
No one told me it was free and not working properly. I don't understand why it takes so long to repair.

If I move to another provider, how long does it take? I don't even know if it's possible as I don't have access to any control panel...
If I move, how long does it take and what shall I do to keep my URL and e-mail adress ?

Regards,

Joël
Collapse

Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:58
English to French
+ ...
If you charge a price for a service it has to work Sep 23, 2010

Alejandro Cavalitto wrote:

Dear Tina,

Thank you for the feedback. ProZ.com staff has made improvements to the hosting service provided free with membership, and certainly further improvements could be made.

Please note that ProZ.com's is not a specialized hosting service per se; however, hosting services are offered free to members. Some may find that using a specialized hosting provider better meets their hosting needs.

Best regards,
Alejandro

I also had some problems with my hosting when I bought the solution. Personally, I believe that if I pay you for something, it has to work perfectly ! Or else Proz.com shouldn't offer the service at all.

In my case, however Proz.com was kind enough to offer me a compensation for the disturbance...

However, I still feel that it's unacceptable to offer a hosting solution you pay for without ensuring it's stability 100% (in my case I'm using the "Advanced web hosting".

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Please try again and let me know how it goes Sep 23, 2010

Hello Joël,

Sorry to intrude on this thread and for the time it has taken to address the issue with your hosting account access.

Just to be clear, note that your hosting account was never down or offline. As Maria explains in her post above, you have been unable to access your account because the hosting server automatically blocked the IPs that you have been using due to an excessive number of failed logins in a short period of time.

These IPs have been
... See more
Hello Joël,

Sorry to intrude on this thread and for the time it has taken to address the issue with your hosting account access.

Just to be clear, note that your hosting account was never down or offline. As Maria explains in her post above, you have been unable to access your account because the hosting server automatically blocked the IPs that you have been using due to an excessive number of failed logins in a short period of time.

These IPs have been whitelisted now. So, you should be able to access your account using the information provided to you in your support request.

Please give it another try and let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Marcelina Haftka
Marcelina Haftka  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
No access to my mail accounts Oct 3, 2010

Good afternoon to All,

It's been two days that I cannot receive e-mails into my Thunderbird. Each and every time I try to "get mail", a small window appears:
Server XXX has disconnected. The server may have gone down or there may be a network problem.

I can see that there have been some modifications to the CPanel (it's called "Accelerated 2" now, although it works much slower than before...).
I can enter my mail through the CPanel, but it takes time (and I have three accounts - each for a separate language).

Have ProZ changed something in the configuration? Could you help me to restore connection between my computer and the server? Some ideas?

Thank you in advance.
Marcelina.

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:58
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I see you have submitted a support request Oct 4, 2010

Dear Marcelina,

I see you have submitted a support request. This helps the support team to provide prompt assistance.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Alejandro

Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
same problem Oct 13, 2010

Hi, everyone:

I just posted a similar complaint, not having seen this thread. Ironically, I just renewed my membership yesterday and now I can't get my e-mail and I'm blocked from going to the control panel or web mail.

I've submitted a support ticket, but I'm curious if everyone else's problems have been solved.

Thanks,
Patricia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No access to the Cpanel and webmail login window

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »