https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_hosting/176836-does_the_contact_form_on_proz_hosting_support_upload_of_files.html&phpv_redirected=1

Does the contact form on Proz hosting support upload of files?
Thread poster: Francesca Casoli
Francesca Casoli
Francesca Casoli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:55
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Aug 1, 2010

I am thinking about buying a membership,
but I first would like to know if the Proz site creator allows an upload option for the contact form, along with customizable fields.
I am asking that because looking at many of the sites listed here http://www.proz.com/?sp=web_create/index&sp_mode=sites I saw no contact forms allowing a potential costumer uploading his/her file f
... See more
I am thinking about buying a membership,
but I first would like to know if the Proz site creator allows an upload option for the contact form, along with customizable fields.
I am asking that because looking at many of the sites listed here http://www.proz.com/?sp=web_create/index&sp_mode=sites I saw no contact forms allowing a potential costumer uploading his/her file for a better evaluated quote.
Moreover, the majority of the sites listed are very poorly realized, some are even unaccessible!
So my question is: are users unable to create a website, or is just the proz editor that doesn't allow many fundamental features and cause too many problems as I can see from the dedicated forum?

Thank you
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:55
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
The ability to upload files has not been disabled Aug 3, 2010

Dear Francesca,

Please note that the ability to upload files has not been disabled; however, support has not been added to the site creator system. Site creator was developed to provide members with a rapid path towards a web presence, similar to a brochure. For many users, that fulfills their needs. For others, a more robust solution is needed.

A site owner using a ProZ.com Hosted Site has the option to create their own website from the ground up, using static HTML
... See more
Dear Francesca,

Please note that the ability to upload files has not been disabled; however, support has not been added to the site creator system. Site creator was developed to provide members with a rapid path towards a web presence, similar to a brochure. For many users, that fulfills their needs. For others, a more robust solution is needed.

A site owner using a ProZ.com Hosted Site has the option to create their own website from the ground up, using static HTML or dynamic PHP. Many users utilize third-party frameworks, such as WordPress or Joomla, which allows them to customize a series of templates and modules to deliver the functionality that they need.

In short, any member is free to install a third-party framework that is more robust if they feel that the basic offerings do not best fit their needs.

I hope this explains. Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Francesca Casoli
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not been disabled Aug 3, 2010

... so you mean it is possible?
Thank you

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:55
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, it is possible Aug 3, 2010

Hello Francesca,

Yes, it is possible.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Francesca Casoli
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 3, 2010

This was absolutely the most important feature to me!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does the contact form on Proz hosting support upload of files?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »