https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_hosting/172358-cant_change_logo_of_my_sitecreator_website.html&phpv_redirected=1

Can't change Logo of my SiteCreator-website
Thread poster: Maximiliane
Maximiliane
Maximiliane

Local time: 06:37
Jun 2, 2010

Dear ProZ-members,

I encountered the following problem with my SiteCreator-website and would be very grateful if anyone of you could help me with an advice:

While my website was under construction, I used a .jpeg image of a construction site sign.
Now, that I'm about to finish my website, I would like to change the logo from the "under construction" image to the image of my company logo.

And there comes the problem that's driving me nuts: the old "und
... See more
Dear ProZ-members,

I encountered the following problem with my SiteCreator-website and would be very grateful if anyone of you could help me with an advice:

While my website was under construction, I used a .jpeg image of a construction site sign.
Now, that I'm about to finish my website, I would like to change the logo from the "under construction" image to the image of my company logo.

And there comes the problem that's driving me nuts: the old "under construction" logo won't disappear.
Everytime I try to upload the new .jpeg logo on the starting page of the SiteCreator, I get the warning message "Invalid file extencion. Make sure you photo ends in jpg,gif,jpeg or png" (don't blame me for the spelling, it's an actual copy&paste quotation of the original message ).

I know that there's nothing wrong with the file extension - I've been trying differnt types of files and pictures (.jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, .bmp), monochrome pictures, hand-drawn ones, etc., all equal or smaller than the max. size of 300x100 pixels.

I've tried to rename the site, blotted out any previous information concerning title, slogan, keywords etc. and refreshed and published the whole site over and over after each operation. -

Nada! Everything changes, but the old logo won't make way.

I don't want to present myself before my clients as the interpreter with the funny construction-site sign on her webpage!

Please help!

If you want to get an idea of what I'm talking about: here's the link to my page:

www.thier.biz

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Maximiliane
Collapse

TargamaT team
TargamaT team  Identity Verified
France
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
The site is OK! Jun 3, 2010

Hi Maximiliane,

The site is OK!

I do not see this "under construction" image. I think you have to clean cockies from you browser...

Freundliche Grüsse aus CH...

Oussama

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Please submit a support request with logo file attached Jun 3, 2010

Hi Maximiliane,

I just checked your website and I see that no image has been uploaded as a logo (or maybe it was removed?). Would you mind then submitting a support request and attaching there a copy of your logo file so that support staff can upload it for you?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Lucia

Maximiliane
Maximiliane

TOPIC STARTER
Cookies not the problem Jun 3, 2010

Dear Oussama,

Thank you very much for your reply.
That you can't see the construction worker may be du to the fact that meanwhile I've started tempering around with the public_html and www directory of my cPanel File Manager.

Now the red x for image not found is taking turns with the construction worker reappearing from time to time

But I found out the following: even though I deleted e
... See more
Dear Oussama,

Thank you very much for your reply.
That you can't see the construction worker may be du to the fact that meanwhile I've started tempering around with the public_html and www directory of my cPanel File Manager.

Now the red x for image not found is taking turns with the construction worker reappearing from time to time

But I found out the following: even though I deleted every instance of where the construcition image had been stored on cPanel, the picture is automatically regenerated in the SiteCreator and it's also still available in my SiteCreator image vault.

I thus conclude that things you load onto your website through SiteCreator have an online copy stored somewhere on a ProZ-server, which of course I cannot access.

And now, everytime I start the SiteCreator again, it apparently starts replacing the missing image in my html-code with the ProZ-copy that is stored somewhere in outer space, because it things that something might be broken.

Looks as if I'd never be able to replace - or at least entirely delete! - the logo again and can only choose between the "image not found - x" or the construction site image.

This is so annoying.

I think I'm going to write a support ticket to the ProZ-staff about this...

Grüße zurück in die Schweiz!

Maximiliane
Collapse

Maximiliane
Maximiliane

TOPIC STARTER
No logo at all or the red x? Jun 3, 2010

Dear Lucia,

Now our posts have just overlapped...

I will send a support ticket immediately.

Just one question to you and Oussama: do you really see no picture at all on top of the page or only the red x placeholder for a missing image?

Thank you and kind regards,

Maximiliane

--------------------------------

edit: Yes, now I have proof that SiteCreator tries to "repair" the logo, everytime I re-launch the w
... See more
Dear Lucia,

Now our posts have just overlapped...

I will send a support ticket immediately.

Just one question to you and Oussama: do you really see no picture at all on top of the page or only the red x placeholder for a missing image?

Thank you and kind regards,

Maximiliane

--------------------------------

edit: Yes, now I have proof that SiteCreator tries to "repair" the logo, everytime I re-launch the website. The protocoll says:

Details
Found previous : index.html and moved to backup.
Found previous : contact.php and moved to backup.
Found previous : code.php and moved to backup.
Found previous : about.php and moved to backup.
Found previous : blank_page.php and moved to backup.
Found previous : blank_page2.php and moved to backup.
Found previous : cv_resume.php and moved to backup.

And so it keeps filling the broken image-links with old pictures from the depths of the SiteCreator-image vault.

Loop.

I've sent a ticket including a link to this thread.
Hope I'll be back with good news soon, in case someone might be facing the same trouble as I do some day.

[Bearbeitet am 2010-06-03 01:12 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2010-06-03 01:12 GMT]
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Issue will be addressed in short Jun 3, 2010

Thanks for submitting a support request on this, Maximiliane. I'll see that this issue is addressed as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't change Logo of my SiteCreator-website

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »