ckatsidonis  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 14:18
English to French
+ ...
Apr 1, 2010

Hi everyone,

A corollary note on my noticing that my proz-hosted domains are down:

I also just noticed that the Disk Usage Space has dropped from 500 to 450 Megs suddenly. This of course is quite annoying given that 500 Megs is already pretty insignificantly small nowadays. Gmail offers 15 times the space for free; why should we still be stuck with such a low amount for a paying service? This arbitrary "500 Megs" was established pretty much 8 years ago.

S
... See more
Hi everyone,

A corollary note on my noticing that my proz-hosted domains are down:

I also just noticed that the Disk Usage Space has dropped from 500 to 450 Megs suddenly. This of course is quite annoying given that 500 Megs is already pretty insignificantly small nowadays. Gmail offers 15 times the space for free; why should we still be stuck with such a low amount for a paying service? This arbitrary "500 Megs" was established pretty much 8 years ago.

Should this cap rise every year? Also, given the numerous tech problems experienced with the hosting service, shouldn't a raise of this cap be considered?

Before anybody asks: I checked the Hosting page and I realize that the Advanced Packet only officially offers 250 Megs but I asked for more a few years ago and got it because 250 Megs weren't really enough at the time, and are even less so now.

Cheers,

Charalambos
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks for the suggestion! Apr 1, 2010

Hello Charalambos,

Please note that the hosting service is not down but working as expected. The error you report at http://www.proz.com/topic/161719 in connection to your website will be investigated by our systems administrator. I appreciate your patience.

Now, regarding disk usage space, thanks for the suggestion of raising the quota limit. However, I am afraid there are no p
... See more
Hello Charalambos,

Please note that the hosting service is not down but working as expected. The error you report at http://www.proz.com/topic/161719 in connection to your website will be investigated by our systems administrator. I appreciate your patience.

Now, regarding disk usage space, thanks for the suggestion of raising the quota limit. However, I am afraid there are no plans to raise such limit for now, though the suggestion may be evaluated once all plans for hosting improvement have been implemented. Your quota limit was raised as an exception a few years ago to allow for all the mails to come through when you reported you were unable to receive any e-mail through your POP3 accounts after having reached your quota limit.

Hope this explains.

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dwindling Disk Space Usage. Really?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »