Is it possible to delete the default domain?
Thread poster: Maksym Kozub
Maksym Kozub
Maksym Kozub  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:23
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Mar 25, 2010

I would like to transfer my existing domain to ProZ hosting. However, as far as I understand, I am only allowed to have one domain hosted on ProZ unless I upgrade to Advanced Hosting. Is there a way to delete kozub.my.proz.com (the domain I don't need), in order to be able to transfer my other domain to ProZ?

[Редактировалось 2010-03-25 23:16 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Please submit a support request Mar 26, 2010

Maksym Kozub wrote:

I would like to transfer my existing domain to ProZ hosting. However, as far as I understand, I am only allowed to have one domain hosted on ProZ unless I upgrade to Advanced Hosting. Is there a way to delete kozub.my.proz.com (the domain I don't need), in order to be able to transfer my other domain to ProZ?

That's right, Maksym. Only the advanced hosting package includes 5 additional domains and subdomains. If you want to have your existing website (domain) removed, simply submit a support request so that the systems administrator can reset this for you.

Regards,

Lucia

Maksym Kozub
Maksym Kozub  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:23
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not the most convenient mechanism... Mar 26, 2010

Lucia wrote:

If you want to have your existing website (domain) removed, simply submit a support request so that the systems administrator can reset this for you.
Thank you, Lucia. I will submit a request. I must say, however, that it would be much more convenient if the existing domain would be shown in cPanel, for the member to be able to remove it and transfer another one to ProZ. As far as I remember, it is technically possible to arrange things that way, so I will also submit a request with such suggestion.
(With my previous hosting provider, it was implemented in the way I suggest here. I.e. I was allowed t have one site, but it was possible in the user's admin panel to remove it and add another one. I must admit, however, that they are using Plesk rather than cPanel.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to delete the default domain?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »