https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_hosting/161227-any_chances_to_see_php_upgraded.html&phpv_redirected=1

Any chances to see PHP upgraded?
Thread poster: Maksym Kozub
Maksym Kozub
Maksym Kozub  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:03
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Mar 25, 2010

Right now cPanel says PHP version is 4.4.7. PHP 4 has not been developed since long ago; even security fixes are not issued after mid-2008. Do we have any chances to see PHP 5 installed on ProZ hosting server(s)?
(In addition, even if somebody at ProZ has made a conscious decision to stay with PHP 4 for some strange reason, it would make sense to upgrade it to 4.4.9, which is the latest version of PHP 4.)

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
PHP5 is part of the list of improvements for the hosting service Mar 25, 2010

Hello Maksym,

Thanks for the suggestion. In fact, the hosting infrastructure and service is being improved and PHP5 (rather than 4.4.9) is part of the list of improvements that will be applied. However, some other changes and adaptations need to be completed first and this will take some time.

Thanks For your patience.

Kind regards,

Lucia

Maksym Kozub
Maksym Kozub  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:03
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still worth doing that minor upgrade in-between... Mar 25, 2010

Lucia wrote:

In fact, the hosting infrastructure and service is being improved and PHP5 (rather than 4.4.9) is part of the list of improvements that will be applied. However, some other changes and adaptations need to be completed first and this will take some time.
Thank you for your quick reply. Upgrading from 4.4.7 to 4.4.9 does not take that much, and is still worth doing (security-wise) while preparing for a major (i.e. PHP 5) upgrade.

(I did not look at ProZ hosting software versions that much, because I was not actually using ProZ for my core hosting needs. Now I am going to use it for some time, at least as an interim solution after having dropped my previous hosting provider, so I start noticing all those things.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any chances to see PHP upgraded?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »