Site offline for the past 3 days...anyone else? (staff: 'fixed')
Thread poster: Geraldine Oudin
Geraldine Oudin
Geraldine Oudin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Japanese to French
+ ...
Aug 17, 2009

The title says it all.
My homepage, hosted by Proz, has been offline for the past 3 days. Since it was the week end I haven't had any reply to my support ticket yet.
Anyone in the same situation?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-08-17 20:16 GMT]

sungy
sungy  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 04:43
English to Chinese
Maybe I was in the same situation yesterday Aug 17, 2009

France-Japon wrote:

The title says it all.
My homepage, hosted by Proz, has been offline for the past 3 days. Since it was the week end I haven't had any reply to my support ticket yet.
Anyone in the same situation?

Hi France Japon,
I was not able to enter into the second layer pages of proz.com.When I entered into one of them,the page would reruning itself in less than 2 seconds.Our colleges Ysun and ZhouDan gave me a hand.I have settled it now through changed my browser from IE to firefox.If you are in this situation,you should try that.

[Edited at 2009-08-17 03:07 GMT]

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 05:43
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Most probably a bug in the system Aug 17, 2009

Not exactly the same situation, but I had been having problems with the site for the last three days too.

In my case, when I open a KudoZ page, or My Profile page, the page keeps on refreshing continuously and couldn't stabilize those particular pages. And consequently, I got the message that my access from my particular IP address has been blocked due to continuous access to the site and should wait for 2 hours to access again. I already submitted a support ticket regarding these
... See more
Not exactly the same situation, but I had been having problems with the site for the last three days too.

In my case, when I open a KudoZ page, or My Profile page, the page keeps on refreshing continuously and couldn't stabilize those particular pages. And consequently, I got the message that my access from my particular IP address has been blocked due to continuous access to the site and should wait for 2 hours to access again. I already submitted a support ticket regarding these issues, but like France-Japon wrote, since it was on a weekend, I still haven't received any feedback from the site staff yet.
Collapse

GILLES MEUNIER
GILLES MEUNIER  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:43
English to French
Bug Aug 17, 2009

The same here

In my case, when I open a KudoZ page, or My Profile page, the page keeps on refreshing continuously and couldn't stabilize those particular pages. And consequently, I got the message that my access from my particular IP address has been blocked due to continuous access to the site and should wait for 2 hours to access again. I already submitted a supp
... See more
The same here

In my case, when I open a KudoZ page, or My Profile page, the page keeps on refreshing continuously and couldn't stabilize those particular pages. And consequently, I got the message that my access from my particular IP address has been blocked due to continuous access to the site and should wait for 2 hours to access again. I already submitted a support ticket regarding these issues, but like France-Japon wrote, since it was on a weekend, I still haven't received any feedback from the site staff yet. [/quote]
Collapse

Geraldine Oudin
United Kingdom
Japanese to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Refreshing problem Aug 17, 2009

I face the "Refreshing Problem" as well, nevermind the brownser I use

David Russi
David Russi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Related? Aug 17, 2009

Seems like Kudoz points don't update for a few days

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I sent a Support Request yesterday Aug 17, 2009

(Old) directory doesn't seem to work properly: it keeps downloading and downloading and never stops (since 2 days) and I can't click on anything in the old directory (because it keeps downloading), my Kudoz points do not update and in the advanced directory I have seen people who have less points than my colleagues or me and he/she stands in front of us. I guess that's because Kudoz points were not updated.

Katalin

[Edited at 2009-08-17 07:35 GMT]

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Website, control panel and mail down Aug 17, 2009

since Friday, I sent a support ticket Friday pm GMT.
My website www.translation.ma and email is hosted by Proz.com.
I hope it's solved today...

I don't have problems browsing the proz.com site itself.

Philippe

Edit Monday: After a reply from my support ticket, the culprit seems to be my registrar and not the hosting party proz.com. Therefore my problem is not r
... See more
since Friday, I sent a support ticket Friday pm GMT.
My website www.translation.ma and email is hosted by Proz.com.
I hope it's solved today...

I don't have problems browsing the proz.com site itself.

Philippe

Edit Monday: After a reply from my support ticket, the culprit seems to be my registrar and not the hosting party proz.com. Therefore my problem is not related to yours.

[Edited at 2009-08-17 17:03 GMT]
Collapse

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Local time: 16:43
Member (2003)
French to English
Same here, for the page refreshing continuously Aug 17, 2009

Yasutomo Kanazawa wrote:

In my case, when I open a KudoZ page, or My Profile page, the page keeps on refreshing continuously and couldn't stabilize those particular pages.

Yes, my browser kept "hiccuping" whenever I tried to access ProZ.com, the past 3 days. I didn't get any kind of error message, though. I spent plenty of time online on other sites as well and did not experience anything similar on any site other than this one.

I didn't yet submit a support request but I was planning to do so this morning anyway.

Christina Paiva
Christina Paiva  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:43
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Same here Aug 17, 2009

Hiccups - only at this site...

It seems to be ok now... But yesterday, it started hiccuping after 30 min..

Matt Petrowski
Matt Petrowski
United States
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hosting and page refresh issues resolved Aug 17, 2009

Dear members,

Roughly between the hours of 22:00 GMT on Friday, August 14 and 04:00 GMT on Monday August 17, hosting accounts with "my.proz.com" domains were unreachable. This was due to an oversight while making changes to the DNS system, in order to improve both security and reliability throughout the site.

The unrelated issue about frequent page refreshes on the ProZ.com site, also discussed in this topic, was resolved early this morning as well.

As alwa
... See more
Dear members,

Roughly between the hours of 22:00 GMT on Friday, August 14 and 04:00 GMT on Monday August 17, hosting accounts with "my.proz.com" domains were unreachable. This was due to an oversight while making changes to the DNS system, in order to improve both security and reliability throughout the site.

The unrelated issue about frequent page refreshes on the ProZ.com site, also discussed in this topic, was resolved early this morning as well.

As always, please report any site troubles through the support system. It was through this avenue that both of these issues were identified and resolved.

Best regards,
Matt Petrowski
ProZ.com staff
Collapse

Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
I had same Problem as Yasutomo and Creativity Aug 17, 2009

Hello!
For the past three days, I had the same problem as Yasumoto and Creativity.
Now the problem seems to be fixed, as I can write on proz.com. Yesterday, i.e. it was not possible at all.
Thank you for having fixed it. whoever it made it run again.
Best regards,
Helena
PS. Edit for this PS): I was not even able to send a support ticket and of course I considered it several times and wanted to send it to you -undoubtly!

[Edited at 2009-08-17 22:13 GMT]

Geraldine Oudin
United Kingdom
Japanese to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Matt Aug 18, 2009

It seems that everything is back to normal.

And thanks everyone for answering me, I was less worried when I realized it was a general Proz problem, not a problem affecting only my own site.

[Modifié le 2009-08-18 01:04 GMT]

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 05:43
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
The hiccups Aug 18, 2009

Helena1962 wrote:

Hello!
For the past three days, I had the same problem as Yasumoto and Creativity.
Now the problem seems to be fixed, as I can write on proz.com. Yesterday, i.e. it was not possible at all.
Thank you for having fixed it. whoever it made it run again.
Best regards,
Helena
PS. Edit for this PS): I was not even able to send a support ticket and of course I considered it several times and wanted to send it to you -undoubtly!

[Edited at 2009-08-17 22:13 GMT]

Since the problem was fixed, maybe it's not necessary to write here, but I found out that while hiccupping, if you press the red X icon next to the "Refresh" button on the tool bar (what is it called in English?), the hiccup stops, and I was able to access other pages in a limited scope, but that's how I succeeded in submitting a support ticket.

To France-Japon,

You were not the only one. I wanted to post a forum asking a similar question like yours, but like I said, I didn't know how to stop the hiccup, and therefore couldn't post a new topic.

Christina Paiva
Christina Paiva  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:43
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Thanks Matt! Aug 18, 2009

Matt Petrowski wrote:

As always, please report any site troubles through the support system. It was through this avenue that both of these issues were identified and resolved.

Best regards,
Matt Petrowski
ProZ.com staff

Thanks Matt for stopping the hiccups

However, I was really relieved when between hiccups I found this thread. Despite the fact that submitting a support ticket is way more practical, I was really concerned something was very wrong with my computer..

So thanks all for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Site offline for the past 3 days...anyone else? (staff: 'fixed')

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »