Hosting for free: full members or platinum members only?
Thread poster: Silvia Barra (X)
Silvia Barra (X)
Silvia Barra (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:25
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 18, 2008

Hi,
I've read all infos about hosting but on one page there is written that "The standard hosting package is available for free to all full members", while in the page "getting started with ProZ hosting" I read "If you are a full platinum member, you can sign up for ProZ.com hosting from the hosting info page".
What is the correct one?
I'm a full member but not a platinum one. Can I have the hosting service for free?
Thank you!
Silvia

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
"platinum member" = "full member" Dec 18, 2008

The term "platinum member" is obsolete now. It was replaced by "member" or "full member". Nonpaying users of the site are called "users" now (they were called "members" before). Full members of ProZ.com can take advantage of free hosting at ProZ.com.
Attila

Silvia Barra (X)
Silvia Barra (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 18, 2008

Thank you
Silvia

Helle Gylling
Helle Gylling  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:25
English to Danish
+ ...
Now it's 2013 and I have the same question! Sep 12, 2013

Guess this never got changed! I was looking at signing up myself and got confused too about the mixed message and found this post that is now 5 years old. Would be nice if proz.com would update it.
: )
Helle

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hosting for free: full members or platinum members only?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »