Thread poster: Vilma Alvarado
English Chinese Medical Translator - Jimmy Deng
English Chinese Medical Translator - Jimmy Deng  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 03:09
English to Chinese
+ ...
My website is up and running now, but... Nov 10, 2008

My website www.fanyi.co.nz is up and running again. Unfortunately this is not a result of help from proz.com support. After 4 days of huge frustrations of not getting a reply from ProZ technician, I had to change the host to another hosting company.

[Edited at 2008-11-10 20:16]

Rodrigo Mencía
Rodrigo Mencía  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
My site down too Nov 26, 2008

My site is down too, and I cannot access my emails! www.traduccion-jurada-oficial.com

I think this is a major problem, not individual problems. It's impossible that so many of us are having the same problem at the same time.

I work with this website and I'm going maddddd... XD

Rodrigo

Tina Colquhoun
Tina Colquhoun  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:09
Danish to English
+ ...
Ditto Nov 29, 2008

My website (www.dantrans.co.uk) is also down and has been for days. Cannot access cpanel either. I have submitted a support ticket.

Site status page is also showing something weird...

Tina

[Edited at 2008-11-29 12:23 GMT]

Adele Oliveri
Adele Oliveri  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
Same here Dec 11, 2008

I am relieved (!!!) to see I am not the only one having problems with my Proz hosting account. I am in between changing domains, but until a couple of weeks ago I could still access the site + cPanel using the http://h1.host.proz.com/ address. For the past week or so the system hasn't been working properly. Occasionally I can visualize my temporary home page but as soon as I try to access my cPanel my user name ... See more
I am relieved (!!!) to see I am not the only one having problems with my Proz hosting account. I am in between changing domains, but until a couple of weeks ago I could still access the site + cPanel using the http://h1.host.proz.com/ address. For the past week or so the system hasn't been working properly. Occasionally I can visualize my temporary home page but as soon as I try to access my cPanel my user name + pwd won't get accepted and then I start getting server time out messages.

I've submitted several support tickets + replies and NONE have been answered yet. This is highly unsatisfactory. I appreciate the staff might be busy solving the problem, but at least a message saying "sorry we have zillions of requests to attend to and we will get back to you ASAP" would have been very much appreciated.

What really worries me, however, is that I was planning to shift my email account to the new address as soon as the website was up and running. But if the Proz hosting service has problems of the magnitude I am reading here, then perhaps I should seriously consider searching for another provider...

I do hope to hear from the staff about this issue.

Adele

[Edited at 2008-12-11 15:26 GMT]
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 12:09
SITE STAFF
Sorry for the delay Dec 11, 2008

Thanks all, I have drawn Andrew's attention to this. Adele, I appreciate your patience-- Andrew should be responding to your support requests shortly. If anyone else is still having a similar problem, please feel free to indicate this via support request. Thanks.

Best regards,

Jared

Adele Oliveri
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank you Jared, problem solved Dec 11, 2008

Jared wrote:

Thanks all, I have drawn Andrew's attention to this. Adele, I appreciate your patience-- Andrew should be responding to your support requests shortly. If anyone else is still having a similar problem, please feel free to indicate this via support request. Thanks.

Best regards,

Jared

Hi Jared, yes, my problems were solved promptly. Next time I experience a delay, I will definitely write it on a forum

Kind regards,

Adele

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 12:09
SITE STAFF
That's good to hear Dec 11, 2008

Hello Adele,

Great, that's good to hear. You're more than welcome to use the forums, of course, but I hope you'll give the support system another chance to impress. Let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,

Jared

Adele Oliveri
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
I actually have... Dec 22, 2008

Jared wrote:

Hello Adele,

hope you'll give the support system another chance to impress. Let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,

Jared [/quote]

Hi Jared,

I have followed your advice and I've given the support system another chance. However, I regret to say I am very disappointed again. I submitted a support ticket on December 20 saying my website had been down for the previous 24 hours (and is still down to this very moment!!), but besides the usual "let me refer this to..." message, I haven't heard from anyone at all. Luckily enough my website is still under construction and, most importantly, I am still using my gmail account for ALL business purposes... I've had three clients contacting me since then, and I fear what would have happened had I already migrated my email account to my new domain!!
I am sorry to say this is NOT a good way to provide hosting services. Technical enquiries and "server down" requests should be given maximum priority, since any minute without email, these days, could mean losing business.
On my side, I've already made arrangements with another provider to set up my website with them, since they guarantee you technical assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I will soon be migrating everything there.
It is a pity, because I liked the idea of having my website hosted on a translators' portal.
Best wishes

Adele

PS [Posted about 20 minutes later] My support request has now been promptly addressed. Is it just a coincidence this happened after I posted my message?

[Edited at 2008-12-22 17:51 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ Hosting Server down? (Staff: "no')

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »