Lietta Warren-Granato
Lietta Warren-Granato  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:19
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 14, 2008

Hello!
When you reply to a job offer here on ProZ, and you contact the outsourcer by e-mail pressing the little envelope icon (ie: it's not an actual e-mail address: it's just ProZ.com's e-mail), how do you send an attachment such as a CV?

Maria Löfving
Maria Löfving
Sweden
Member (2008)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Ask for e-mail address Sep 14, 2008

Hi Lietta,
good that you have posted this question. I have been asking myself this every time I have sent a quote this way. But the only solution that I have found so far is to state my interest and my rate and a very short information about myself in this first mail, and then ask them to reply to me with an e-mail address if they wish to see my CV. That is the way I do it. I am curious to see how others will reply!

[Edited at 2008-09-14 11:46]

Gina Ferlisi
Gina Ferlisi
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Cv on profile Sep 14, 2008

Hi,

I upload my Cv on my profile page and send them the link too, saying they can download it from my page...

Have a nice weekend

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:19
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Link to your profile page Sep 14, 2008

As Gina says, if your CV is available via your ProZ profile, then you just need to provide the link in the email. If they're interested, it's just a couple of clicks away.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

e-mail feature in ProZ.com

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »