Nice conference 2009: Jeu: bonnes raisons de participer / Game: good reasons to attend
Thread poster: John Di Rico
John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:28
Member (2006)
French to English
Oct 13, 2009

Si vous avez déjà participé à un congrès ProZ.com, n'hésitez pas à poster une bonne raison d'assister au congrès de Nice pour tenter de gagner 6 mois d'adhésion à ProZ.com !

Have you already attended a ProZ.com conference? Post a good reason to attend in this forum and you will automatically be entered for a chance to win six free months of ProZ.com Professional membership!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-10-22 12:56 GMT]

Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:28
English to French
+ ...
Augmenter son portefeuille de connaissances Oct 13, 2009

Je pense qu'il serait utile d'y entrer pour connaître plus de clients potentiels et de collègues ...

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
networking with colleagues Oct 13, 2009

Angelica Kjellström
Angelica Kjellström  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
Prospective clients, networking, keeping up to date Oct 13, 2009

I see three main reasons for attending the ProZ.com conference: meeting prospective clients, networking with colleagues and keeping up to date with tools and trends in the business.

Best regards,

Angelica Kjellström

Bruno Ciola
Bruno Ciola  Identity Verified
Italy
networking Oct 13, 2009

yes, great chance for networking. see you in Nice!

Paola Dentifrigi
Paola Dentifrigi  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Keep in touch with friends Oct 13, 2009

John is one of those, of course

Paola

François-Xavier Pâque
François-Xavier Pâque
Belgium
Member (2010)
Russian to French
+ ...
Get started in the translation business ! Oct 13, 2009

It is also a good opportunity for new freelancers such as myself to join the translation industry !

Flo in London
Flo in London  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
Various reasons Oct 14, 2009

1) I'm hoping to make some excellent contacts like those I made at the London Conference last year.

2) I'm keen to improve my translating skills as part of my CPD. I'm especially looking forward to the creative writing sessions.

3) I'm looking forward to chatting to like-minded people who understand the importance of hard work and quality translation

4) I haven't been to Nice for ages and can't wait to see La Baie des Anges again to remind myself of my Dic
... See more
1) I'm hoping to make some excellent contacts like those I made at the London Conference last year.

2) I'm keen to improve my translating skills as part of my CPD. I'm especially looking forward to the creative writing sessions.

3) I'm looking forward to chatting to like-minded people who understand the importance of hard work and quality translation

4) I haven't been to Nice for ages and can't wait to see La Baie des Anges again to remind myself of my Dick Rivers days (Allez, tous ensemble : " J'aimais les mots d'amour en anglais. Les lollipops en français. Quand j'avais dix-huit ans. J'étais un blouson noir imparfait, Un loubard comme t'en rêverais, Et c'était le bon temps, la la la la la la...")

Looking forward to meeting you all in December

Flo

[Edited at 2009-10-14 09:06 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-10-14 09:14 GMT]
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Give Miss France candidates the chance of their life Oct 14, 2009

to meet the representatives of the famous ProZ.com community -- in particular, its Party Animal Division.
Attila

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
The opportunity to pretend ... Oct 14, 2009

... that you are working, whilst in fact you're

meeting new and old friends,
laying the foundations for new business,
learning the tricks of the trade,
eating and drinking well,
having a holiday (especially if you bring your other half, as I do)

greetings Oct 17, 2009

Bruno Ciola wrote:

yes, great chance for networking. see you in Nice!

yes it is nice to network and you get greater chances of knowing people

Giulia Barontini
Giulia Barontini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Networking, learning more about the tricks of the trade and having a wonderful HOLIDAY Nov 26, 2009

See you all there!
^_^

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Who won? Jul 16, 2012

Hi everyone and thanks for your posts! These are all some great reasons, I was especially moved by Paula and Attila's Sheila and Flo's too!

I forgot who won the 6 months membership... Please remind me

Thanks!
John

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Nice conference 2009: Jeu: bonnes raisons de participer / Game: good reasons to attend

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »