Thread poster: Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:51
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nov 24, 2008

Heartfelt thank you to Virginie and John for organizing this conference. While the forums on ProZ.com are an excellent means for exchanging information, discussing in person in the coffee breaks, in bars and restaurants adds a lot to it. It was a great pleasure to see many familiar faces from the Aix-en-Provence conference and past powwows - and to meet many colleagues for the first time. John, as you organized Aix and Paris, you may not need much encouragement for a next event - but it certainl... See more
Heartfelt thank you to Virginie and John for organizing this conference. While the forums on ProZ.com are an excellent means for exchanging information, discussing in person in the coffee breaks, in bars and restaurants adds a lot to it. It was a great pleasure to see many familiar faces from the Aix-en-Provence conference and past powwows - and to meet many colleagues for the first time. John, as you organized Aix and Paris, you may not need much encouragement for a next event - but it certainly does no harm to say: these events are very much appreciated.
Just as a lot of discussions in the coffee breaks, this thread could be a mixture of French and English.
Thanks again,
Attila

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-14 23:59 GMT]
Collapse

Marie-Céline GEORG
Marie-Céline GEORG  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Thanks for opening the thread, Attila! Nov 24, 2008

I totally agree: it was great to see again some people from Aix-en-Provence and to meet new colleagues.
Lots of thanks to John and Virginie for organising this event! The sessions I attended were well worth travelling to Paris (and spending two hours in the TGV stuck in the middle of nowhere on Friday evening due to a motor failure)
I loved the "Who am I" game, too, it was a nice idea that encouraged people to talk to e
... See more
I totally agree: it was great to see again some people from Aix-en-Provence and to meet new colleagues.
Lots of thanks to John and Virginie for organising this event! The sessions I attended were well worth travelling to Paris (and spending two hours in the TGV stuck in the middle of nowhere on Friday evening due to a motor failure)
I loved the "Who am I" game, too, it was a nice idea that encouraged people to talk to each other!
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Great Conf' Nov 24, 2008

Many thanks to Virginie and John for this great event, it was really nice to see some people again and meet so many new faces and make interesting contacts!
The "Who am I" game was indeed a fantastic and funny idea!
Hope to see you all again next year,

CheerZ,
Anne

Xanthippe
Xanthippe
France
Member (2008)
Italian to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
great Nov 24, 2008

A great conference with a lot of interesting events.

Many Thancks to John, Virginie and to all trainers.

Looking forward the 2009 Conference .... !

Audrey Bernard-Petitjean
Audrey Bernard-Petitjean
France
Member (2008)
English to French
An event to organize again & again Nov 24, 2008

I totally agree with everybody : it was really a great conference! Thank you to John and Virginie for having organized such an event.
I notably enjoyed a lot the opportunity to meet other translators (you!) and to share experience and ideas with them (you again). This was my first conference through ProZ, but not the last, for sure!

Audrey

elzbieta jatowt
elzbieta jatowt  Identity Verified
France
French to Polish
+ ...
Merci Nov 24, 2008

Merci à Atila d' avoir entamé ce fil bilingue. Je peux donc transmettre toute ma reconnaissance pour le travail accompli par John et Virginie pour qu’on puisse se rencontrer.
Je suis arrivée en retard (une mauvaise estimation du trajet) donc j’ai « raté » l’étape d’immersion.
L’organisation a été très bonne et très sincère. Virginie ta prestation autours de la relecture a été très rassurante pour moi et pour les autres participants (les échos du couloir).
... See more
Merci à Atila d' avoir entamé ce fil bilingue. Je peux donc transmettre toute ma reconnaissance pour le travail accompli par John et Virginie pour qu’on puisse se rencontrer.
Je suis arrivée en retard (une mauvaise estimation du trajet) donc j’ai « raté » l’étape d’immersion.
L’organisation a été très bonne et très sincère. Virginie ta prestation autours de la relecture a été très rassurante pour moi et pour les autres participants (les échos du couloir). Anne je suis vraiment ravie qu’il aura une représentante francophone au sein de la communauté en Argentine, cela renforcera les liens communautaires. La prestation de Nicholas a été sans doute sincère mais aussi inquiétante. Ses propos sur la qualité, sur le choix de traducteurs avec les moindres charges laissent à réfléchir ….il me manquait un volet sur les pièges à éviter pour qu'une collaboration soit optimisée pour moi.
Dans tous les cas chapeau pour John et Virginie pour la rencontre.
Mes amitiés : Franela
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Thanks! Nov 25, 2008

Thanks everyone... all of your positive remarks make us want to start planning for 2009 already! It was a pleasure meeting (re-seeing) you and I'm looking forward to bigger and better in 2009 (your feedback on the questionnaires is invaluable)!

Best,

John

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Paris conference 2008 - Feedback on the conference

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »