What is ProZ Find? (Staff: "A new directory, now in 'public alpha' release phase")
Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:54
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
May 9, 2018

In my visitors' tab I found the entry "came from ProZ Find".
Now what is this, please, the new name for the directory search? Never heard of and didn't find anything about it. Could someone please enlighten me?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2018-05-31 18:59 GMT]

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:54
Danish to English
+ ...
Here May 9, 2018

Here: https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_translator_coop/324940-proz_find_public_alpha_new_directory.html

Others have criticised that only subscribers of a particular forum have been informed.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 16:54
SITE FOUNDER
Right May 31, 2018

Thanks, Thomas.

ProZ.com Find is now in a "public alpha" release stage. It works well and has an improved interface and search options, and therefore will in many cases be more useful for customers than the traditional directory. Development is ongoing, however. In particular, the sorting algorithm is being adjusted. (For now, by default, sorting of translators works in the same way as it has in the old directory.)

Pleas
... See more
Thanks, Thomas.

ProZ.com Find is now in a "public alpha" release stage. It works well and has an improved interface and search options, and therefore will in many cases be more useful for customers than the traditional directory. Development is ongoing, however. In particular, the sorting algorithm is being adjusted. (For now, by default, sorting of translators works in the same way as it has in the old directory.)

Please try it out: https://www.proz.com/find
Collapse

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:54
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Puzzling.... Jun 1, 2018

Today I found:
"Came from search ... German to Russian"
How is this possible if I don't speak a word of Russian, let alone translate into Russian?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is ProZ Find? (Staff: "A new directory, now in 'public alpha' release phase")

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »