Iuliana Bozkurt  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 03:56
Member (2008)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Apr 15, 2016

Hello,

I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question, but still I will give it a try

Briefly, I was looking for a specific translation agency in the BlueBoard directory. And I could not find it. I tried all the possible keyword combinations and to no avail. Then I looked for it on Google and, surprise, it is a proz.com registered member. I clicked on the Google link and it redirected
... See more
Hello,

I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question, but still I will give it a try

Briefly, I was looking for a specific translation agency in the BlueBoard directory. And I could not find it. I tried all the possible keyword combinations and to no avail. Then I looked for it on Google and, surprise, it is a proz.com registered member. I clicked on the Google link and it redirected me to the agency's BlueBoard page.

Can someone please explain to me why I was unable to see it in the first place, in my search results?

Thanks a lot for explaining this mystery

Iuliana
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:56
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Well Apr 15, 2016

Did you also indicate the country? Was it the right one? If you wish send me the agency name by email ([email protected]) and I'll see what happens when I search it...

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:56
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Simple Apr 15, 2016

Iuliana Bozkurt wrote:

Hello,

Briefly, I was looking for a specific translation agency in the BlueBoard directory. And I could not find it. I tried all the possible keyword combinations and to no avail. Then I looked for it on Google and, surprise, it is a proz.com registered member. I clicked on the Google link and it redirected me to the agency's BlueBoard page.

Can someone please explain to me why I was unable to see it in the first place, in my search results?

Thanks a lot for explaining this mystery

Iuliana

Just enter the (correct) name of the agency + indicate country, and voila. Works as a charm.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Strange Apr 15, 2016

The search facilities in this site aren't top, but you should be able to find an outsourcer if they're on the BB. I assume you were looking on this page: http://www.proz.com/blueboard/

Have you found others? I just put "trans" as the search term, and left country blank. It came up with 5,380 matches.

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Provided your input data were entered correctly... Apr 15, 2016

you shouldn't have trouble finding the agency.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Members do not necessarily have a Blueboard record Apr 16, 2016

I think you do not necessarily get a Blueboard record simply because of Proz.com's membership, do you?

In any case, you can request a Blueboard record to be created, by using the "Add outsourcer" link in the Blueboard search.

Bernhard Sulzer
Bernhard Sulzer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:56
English to German
+ ...
If BB record exists Apr 16, 2016

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

I think you do not necessarily get a Blueboard record simply because of Proz.com's membership, do you?

In any case, you can request a Blueboard record to be created, by using the "Add outsourcer" link in the Blueboard search.

I thought what Iuliana was saying was that there is indeed a BB record for that agency since she found a link to it on Google. But she couldn't find the agency using the BB search system.

[Edited at 2016-04-16 23:12 GMT]

Iuliana Bozkurt
Romania
Member (2008)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Indeed Apr 16, 2016

The agency has a profile, but I could not find it using the BB search feature. I input the correct name, of course, and I tried all kind of tricks to find it. I still don't understand why it does not appear in the BB search... hmmm...

On the other hand, the agency is new and it has no BB entry. Should this be the reason why it does not appear in the BB search?

Bernhard Sulzer
Bernhard Sulzer  Identity Verified
United States
English to German
+ ...
Clarification Apr 16, 2016

Iuliana Bozkurt wrote:

The agency has a profile, but I could not find it using the BB search feature. I input the correct name, of course, and I tried all kind of tricks to find it. I still don't understand why it does not appear in the BB search... hmmm...

On the other hand, the agency is new and it has no BB entry. Should this be the reason why it does not appear in the BB search?

If there's no BB page of the agency, then you can't find a BB page/record. It doesn't exist. It would have to be created - see Tomas's entry. You wrote that Google pointed you back to the agency's BB record, but it now seems you meant that Google pointed you to the agency's Proz.com profile page, correct? That should clarify things now.

[Edited at 2016-04-16 23:14 GMT]

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
If you know it has no BB entry, Apr 17, 2016

Iuliana Bozkurt wrote:

what is the point of searching it in the "BlueBoard directory" in the first place?

Iuliana Bozkurt
Romania
Member (2008)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think I got it :) Apr 17, 2016

So it will only appear in the BB search if someone has already rated it. If it has no rating, then it won't. Interesting! Thanks a lot for helping me figure it out

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Almost right Apr 17, 2016

Iuliana Bozkurt wrote:
So it will only appear in the BB search if someone has already rated it. If it has no rating, then it won't.

There has to be a request made to set one up. Sometimes someone will request staff to add an outsourcer because they want to give them a rating. At other times, a request will be made because someone is thinking of working with them. In that case, once it's viewable the translator will issue a request for entries. I get a list every day of those. In short, there are many entries on the BB with no ratings.

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
How the Blue Board works - as I understand it Apr 17, 2016

Sheila's right. If an outsourcer has no Blue Board record, you can ask to have it added to the Blue Board by clicking on "Add outsourcer" on the Blue Board page. Once that outsourcer has been added to the list of outsourcers, you can issue a "call for entries" from other translators. However, you can't make an entry yourself unless you have actually worked for that outsourcer. I think the "call for entries" goes out to those translators who have asked to be alerted to these calls. I receive a li... See more
Sheila's right. If an outsourcer has no Blue Board record, you can ask to have it added to the Blue Board by clicking on "Add outsourcer" on the Blue Board page. Once that outsourcer has been added to the list of outsourcers, you can issue a "call for entries" from other translators. However, you can't make an entry yourself unless you have actually worked for that outsourcer. I think the "call for entries" goes out to those translators who have asked to be alerted to these calls. I receive a list of calls for entries once a day. Then, if I've worked for any of them, I can add a rating and/or comment - if I want to.Collapse

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Really? Apr 17, 2016

Jenny Forbes wrote:
I receive a list of calls for entries once a day. Then, if I've worked for any of them, I can add a rating and/or comment - if I want to.

I've never received such a list of calls for entries. Did I block the email of lists of calls for entries?

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Searching the Blue Board and subscribing to Calls for entries Apr 18, 2016

Iuliana Bozkurt wrote:

So it will only appear in the BB search if someone has already rated it. If it has no rating, then it won't. Interesting! Thanks a lot for helping me figure it out

Hello Iuliana,

Just to clarify: You can still search for Blue Board records even if someone has not yet left an entry for the company. If you were searching for a company that appears on the Blue Board but could not find it, then it's possible that you entered some information in your search criteria that does not appear in the record itself (wrong country, different name, etc). If you perform the search again and send me the exact criteria via support request, I can look into what might be the problem there.

jyuan_us wrote:

I've never received such a list of calls for entries. Did I block the email of lists of calls for entries?

Hi jyuan_us,

As Jenny points out, a call for entries for a particular company can be made manually by clicking the "Call for entries" link in the top right corner of any Blue Board record. Calls for entries are also automatically sent once a Blue Board record is created. For more information on this, please see: http://www.proz.com/faq/3010#3010

To subscribe to these calls for entries, just visit the Email preferences section of your Profile Settings: http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=ef&show_mode=other. You can find the relevant options in the "Blue Board controls" section.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blue Board record not appearing in search results

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »