Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 17:55
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jan 22, 2016

Software listed in http://www.proz.com/translator-directory/ needs a better organisation. Maybe two fields, one for the CAT tools and the other for Office/DTP programs.

As for the CAT tools, I see that CafeTran is not listed there. On the other hand TransSuite2000 disappeared from the market long ago (in 2003?).

Heartsome is no more developed, same for SDLX. Note that
... See more
Software listed in http://www.proz.com/translator-directory/ needs a better organisation. Maybe two fields, one for the CAT tools and the other for Office/DTP programs.

As for the CAT tools, I see that CafeTran is not listed there. On the other hand TransSuite2000 disappeared from the market long ago (in 2003?).

Heartsome is no more developed, same for SDLX. Note that there is still a SDLX Certification part in the translation directory, weird. What about the long list in SDL certification, what is the use of it, really? I am just lost in it, it should be better organised.

What about some of the other CAT tools in that list, e.g. IBM CAT tool, JCat, Uniscape

Not sure about IBM though, it may be still in use (it was, at least a few years ago). But I have never seen a tool named JCAT or Uniscape.
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:55
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Not correct Jan 22, 2016

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Heartsome is no more developed,

Heartsome Translation Studio and Heartsome TMX Editor have been freed and some forks have been registered so far at GitHub. As for TMX Editor, the last commit to a fork was less than a year ago. Thus, it is not really correct to say that (ex-)Heartsome products are not developed, although, of course, the pace of development is not overwhelming.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Credential & Software

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »