Thread poster: matt robinson
matt robinson
matt robinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:46
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Apr 16, 2012

Perhaps it's me, but I can't seem to find a way to search for a translator by name.
I have been given the name of a translator and told that he is a ProZ member, and I would like to check this information and view his profile.

What do I do?

TIA

Monique van Brandenburg
Monique van Brandenburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
select users Apr 16, 2012

if you search the site [top right of the screen] and select "users" that should do the trick. If the translator is not registered under his or her own name, I do not think there is a way to find him or her.

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 23:46
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Search by name Apr 16, 2012

Hi Matt,

In the top drop-down menu you can select "Jobs & directories" and then "search by name" to get to the page http://www.proz.com/?sp=wi_namepage

Regards,
Enrique

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Under the Jobs & Directories tab Apr 16, 2012

Hello Matt

Try under the Jobs & Directories tab at the top of the screen,
then select Search by Name

You can type in the person's username if you know it, OR search by first and last name. (But not both options unless you are sure.)

For instance, my username is CRAndersen, but I am not sure whether everyone can find that - it depends on their settings. Not everyone would know it anyway.
Some people show their user names publicly instead of thei
... See more
Hello Matt

Try under the Jobs & Directories tab at the top of the screen,
then select Search by Name

You can type in the person's username if you know it, OR search by first and last name. (But not both options unless you are sure.)

For instance, my username is CRAndersen, but I am not sure whether everyone can find that - it depends on their settings. Not everyone would know it anyway.
Some people show their user names publicly instead of their real names.

But first name Christine, last name Andersen will find me.

You have to spell the names correctly of course. If searching for both names doesn't work, try just one.

A single name will find you everyone with that name, arranged alphabetically. Depending on how unusual the name is, you will should be able to recognise the person you are looking for on the list.
Collapse

Mirra_
Mirra_
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
google it! Apr 16, 2012

hi Matt!

I have had, several times, the same problem. Solved it thanks to Google, by typing "Proz" "name I am looking for". You got it in μs and the link you get redirects you smoothly and swiftly to the Proz account you need.

hope it helps!
Mirra

matt robinson
matt robinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 16, 2012

Yes, It was just me!

Thanks to all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to find a translator by name on ProZ.com

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »