Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:31
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
A part from being in a directory or not Dec 18, 2011

Samuel Murray wrote:

In that case I would be in favour of a directory of end-clients, but I also think that the client should have the choice of being listed in the directory, and that the default option should be "not listed". This will ensure that only clients that specifically want to be listed, are listed.

which I am not able to find and have never come across - if looking for "companies" there are only translation companies listed - they should at least be clearly identified as end customers when posting a job.

Anyway, having such a directory would be a very good idea and I don't think it should be made optional to be listed there, once they have posted a job on ProZ.

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Word for word... Dec 19, 2011

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo wrote:

jyuan_us wrote:

If you give it a 2nd thought, the logic is not hard to understand. Those "end-clients" who look for freelancers by themselves rather than contracting their jobs to an translation agency are most likely hunting for cheap labors.

Have you considered the possibility that end clients might do their own outsourcing for quality purposed? Rather than using an agency which is likely to outsource to an unknown resource, an end client might decide to do their own outsourcing in order to know who will actually being doing the translation.

[Edited at 2011-12-18 10:45 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-12-18 10:45 GMT]

Hi Madeleine,

Exactly this was my first thought when I started this thread, word for word ..

Regards,
Katalin

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The proof of the pudding ... Dec 19, 2011

Christel Zipfel wrote:

Samuel Murray wrote:

In that case I would be in favour of a directory of end-clients, but I also think that the client should have the choice of being listed in the directory, and that the default option should be "not listed". This will ensure that only clients that specifically want to be listed, are listed.

which I am not able to find and have never come across - if looking for "companies" there are only translation companies listed - they should at least be clearly identified as end customers when posting a job.

Anyway, having such a directory would be a very good idea and I don't think it should be made optional to be listed there, once they have posted a job on ProZ.

Hi Christel,

I do think it would be an interesting initiation and as we know, the proof of the pudding is in the eating... So now it depends on the site.

Regards,
Katalin

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Yes, unfortunately... Dec 19, 2011

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

Hi Christel,

I do think it would be an interesting initiation and as we know, the proof of the pudding is in the eating... So now it depends on the site.

Regards,
Katalin

nobody of the staff apparently seems to be following this thread, so there is not much more we can do...

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
I'd support the idea of... Jul 2, 2013

... end-clients being given more prominence. Say, BlueBoard, a list of end-clients who accept applications etc.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Directory of End-clients

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »