Thread poster: leff
leff
leff  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:07
English to Polish
+ ...
In memoriam
Apr 3, 2003

Recently I have tested this new Kudoz.net option with asking a question as Personal. Everything worked OK and I even received standard Congrats mail but no KudoZ points were added to my account. Why?

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
English to German
That's right - no KudoZ points for personal and team questions Apr 3, 2003

Hello Leff,

this is not a bug.

The reason is that if there is no public competition for KudoZ points, there is no justification for public KudoZ points, either. In the case of personal and team question there is no public control, which is essential for the KudoZ points system.

This has been agreed by the moderators who tested this system before it was made public.

Best regards

Hermann

leff
leff  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
O.K. Apr 3, 2003

explanation accepted, it looks fair.

But for what is the whole procedure of grading this questions and this congrats mail with 4 KudoZ points? This IS the bug.

greetz

Leff

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
English to German
Agreed Apr 3, 2003

Hello Leff,

you are right, Leff. The congratulations email is the bug. I will change this in the next days.

Hermann

hcbruns
hcbruns
English to German
Changed Apr 3, 2003

Hello Leff,

I have changed the scripts which send the grading emails. In the case of personal and team questions the email is less enthusiastic and it explains why no KudoZ points are given.

Best regards

Hermann

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No KudoZ points for Personal questions?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »