Any good reason why it takes so long to upload photo?
Thread poster: Nesrin
Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:34
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jan 10, 2007

I uploaded my photo 2 days ago, but it hasn't appeared yet...
I know other people had this problem before, and the photo eventually appeared, but I don't know if that's a normal delay, or a temporary bug, and if so, if I need to submit a support ticket?

[Edited at 2007-01-10 18:15]

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 11:34
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
From my experience Jan 10, 2007

there is a limit of photo sizes, but it is set in pixels and that doesn't mean anything to me. But from my experience I'd say limit is about 250 Kb- and they appear in some 10-15 minutes. Experimenting with photos over 300 Kb it took them few hours to appear, while these over 400 Kb never appeared.

HTH,

Uldis

Nesrin wrote:

I uploaded my photo 2 days ago, but it hasn't appeared yet...
I know other people had this problem before, and the photo eventually appeared, but I don't know if that's a normal delay, or a temporary bug, and if so, if I need to submit a support ticket?

[Edited at 2007-01-10 18:15]

Nesrin
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My photo is just 4 kb big.. Jan 10, 2007

So I don't think that's it!
No, I've seen previous discussions of similar cases, where size was not the problem. I just don't know if it's just a matter of time and the photo will appear eventually, or if I need staff intervention.

[Edited at 2007-01-10 18:33]

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 11:34
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
It can't be! Jan 10, 2007

4 Kb, I mean. Even very specially adjusted spammers gifs (very low quality) are 5 to 9 Kb. My current image (animated, not very good quality gif) is 323 Kb.

If you'd email me that your photo to uldisattulkodotlv, I'll take a look...

Uldis

Nesrin
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks for the swift action! Jan 10, 2007

(... and for the record, the photo is indeed less than 4 kb big!)

[Edited at 2007-01-10 20:10]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any good reason why it takes so long to upload photo?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »