My ID is verified since Nov. 2004, yet suddenly I am subject to forum moderation (Mod: You're not.)
Thread poster: Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:25
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Nov 20, 2006

Usually, platinum members and members whose ID is verified on account of attending an official powwow can post directly in forums without having to go through moderation.

Accordingly, I have been able to directly see my forum posts immediately after posting is done.

But today I posted a topic about my difficulty in accessing proz page and I am informed that my post will be published after moderation. How come?

Presumably this post too will have the same tr
... See more
Usually, platinum members and members whose ID is verified on account of attending an official powwow can post directly in forums without having to go through moderation.

Accordingly, I have been able to directly see my forum posts immediately after posting is done.

But today I posted a topic about my difficulty in accessing proz page and I am informed that my post will be published after moderation. How come?

Presumably this post too will have the same treatment.

Regards,
N.Raghavan

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-11-20 05:33]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:55
English to German
+ ...
You're not Nov 20, 2006

Hi Narasimhan,

I had a look at the posting - not only does it contain numerous cross-references to a site which may be dubious (which, as far as I can see, triggered vetting for that single posting), but you also posted your personal access URL (including the password) for a support ticket you entered. Not a good idea, I think.

Given that your problem appeared to be related to your system and/or internet access, I had specifically suggested to post a support request, to avoid posting details which might be confidential in a public forum.

Presumably this post too will have the same treatment.

Wrong.

Best regards,
Ralf

Narasimhan Raghavan
English to Tamil
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Sorry Ralf and thanks Nov 20, 2006

I was not aware of the implicatons. Very thoughtful of Proz.com to vet the other post. On second thoughts, please hide it for ever. You are quite right in your observations, as usual.))

Again, thanks.

Regards,
N.Raghavan

Narasimhan Raghavan
English to Tamil
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
The problem vanished on its own Nov 22, 2006

By the way, the problem that caused me to ask for support vanished, ever since I uninstalled the existing IE version and installed the new IE7 version.

My sincere thanks to Ralf and the site staff for the friendly replies.

Regards,
N.Raghavan

[Edited at 2006-11-22 04:33]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My ID is verified since Nov. 2004, yet suddenly I am subject to forum moderation (Mod: You're not.)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »