Thread poster: Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 12:51
Dutch to English
+ ...
Oct 24, 2006

I tried to add some projects to my profile with the new 'Profile Updater'. However, I found some of the required questions to be much too specific. Since I couldn't provide that information, my project was not entered.

For example, the first project I wanted to enter extended over a number of years and consisted of 14 two-inch binders of material. I don't have the hard copies and it would take me hours to look up the volume in old files, assuming that I still have them all.
<
... See more
I tried to add some projects to my profile with the new 'Profile Updater'. However, I found some of the required questions to be much too specific. Since I couldn't provide that information, my project was not entered.

For example, the first project I wanted to enter extended over a number of years and consisted of 14 two-inch binders of material. I don't have the hard copies and it would take me hours to look up the volume in old files, assuming that I still have them all.

Why is it necessary to indicate the exact start and end dates and the exact volume? If you have that information fine, but if you don't have it, why shouldn't you still be able to enter that project? It is my project history - it should be up to me how much specific information I want to provide, just as in my profile. If it is incomplete, that is my responsibility.

I don't know what other people's experiences are with this but would welcome your comments.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Too many specifics required in Project History

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »