Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:32
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 13, 2006

Hi,

I have noticed over the past month or so that the proz.com interface language keeps changing over to Romanian (from my original setting of English) at random times - most often whenever I enter into the forums. this is mildly annoying - it's easy enough to understand for me, being a Romance language, and I know it's easy to revert back to English, but it still shouldn't be happening. I just wanted to let you know.

Thanks.

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:32
English to Turkish
+ ...
Just wondering... Sep 14, 2006

Hi Jeremy,

Do you use a web counter? And does this thing happen everytime you check your stats?

Özden

Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:32
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry it's taken so long to respond Sep 20, 2006

Hi,

I don't use a web counter, and I haven't been checking my stats. It appears to just happen (most of the time, but not always), when I view the forums. The whole site then switches to Romanian (just Romanian - never any other language).

Kind regards,

Jeremy

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:32
English to Turkish
+ ...
Suggest that you submit a support ticket Sep 21, 2006

Hi Jeremy,

If you don't use a counter, my assumption completely fails (I use one, and sometimes when I return to Proz from the counter page, this happens - suggesting that someone using a different site language visited my page and his settings somehow stuck.) Your case is interesting though, with only and always Romanian.

Then, all I can suggest is you submit a support ticketsupport ticket.

Good luck!
Özden
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Site language changes at random

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search