Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:13
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 13, 2006

Hi,

I have noticed over the past month or so that the proz.com interface language keeps changing over to Romanian (from my original setting of English) at random times - most often whenever I enter into the forums. this is mildly annoying - it's easy enough to understand for me, being a Romance language, and I know it's easy to revert back to English, but it still shouldn't be happening. I just wanted to let you know.

Thanks.

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:13
English to Turkish
+ ...
Just wondering... Sep 14, 2006

Hi Jeremy,

Do you use a web counter? And does this thing happen everytime you check your stats?

Özden

Jeremy Smith
Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:13
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry it's taken so long to respond Sep 20, 2006

Hi,

I don't use a web counter, and I haven't been checking my stats. It appears to just happen (most of the time, but not always), when I view the forums. The whole site then switches to Romanian (just Romanian - never any other language).

Kind regards,

Jeremy

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:13
English to Turkish
+ ...
Suggest that you submit a support ticket Sep 21, 2006

Hi Jeremy,

If you don't use a counter, my assumption completely fails (I use one, and sometimes when I return to Proz from the counter page, this happens - suggesting that someone using a different site language visited my page and his settings somehow stuck.) Your case is interesting though, with only and always Romanian.

Then, all I can suggest is you submit a support ticketsupport ticket.

Good luck!
Özden
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Site language changes at random

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »