Thread poster: Stuart Allsop
Stuart Allsop
Stuart Allsop  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 06:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 17, 2006

I was just sent an e-mail saying that a note had been added to a question that I am tracking.

That would be just fine normally, ... except that I'm not tracking that question at all, and it isn't even from any of the languages pairs that I work in! It is from an English to Polish question, and I don't even speak Polish!

When I check out that question, the notification box at the foot of the page says "You were not sent email notification of this question.". So what
... See more
I was just sent an e-mail saying that a note had been added to a question that I am tracking.

That would be just fine normally, ... except that I'm not tracking that question at all, and it isn't even from any of the languages pairs that I work in! It is from an English to Polish question, and I don't even speak Polish!

When I check out that question, the notification box at the foot of the page says "You were not sent email notification of this question.". So what gives here?

The question in question is:

URL: http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1409834

Any idea why I got that notification?
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:46
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Jun 18, 2006

Hi Stuart,
To permit ProZ.com staff to find out what happened here, you should submit a Support Request, including full IP headers (check pobox.com/fullheaders.mhtml for details on how to retrieve them).

Best regards,
Ralf

Stuart Allsop
Stuart Allsop  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 06:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How!? Jun 19, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:
you should submit a Support Request,

Thanks, Ralf. But how do I do that? I thought that this was the very purpose of the " ProZ.com bugs" forum: to report bugs! If one is not supposed to report bugs here, then why does this forum even exist? And where is one supposed to report bugs?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:46
English to German
+ ...
Go to 'Support' on the main navigation Jun 20, 2006

Hi Stuart,
Ralf Lemster wrote:
you should submit a Support Request,

Thanks, Ralf. But how do I do that? I thought that this was the very purpose of the " ProZ.com bugs" forum: to report bugs! If one is not supposed to report bugs here, then why does this forum even exist? And where is one supposed to report bugs?

The forum exists as a general platform to report and/or discuss bugs; one of its primary functions is to help members find out whether a given behaviour is a bug (or a feature...).

To identify what exactly happened in your case, ProZ.com staff will need to look at the IP header data. If you post this in a public forum, there's a chance your e-mail address will be picked up by spammers - therefore, it's better to sort out personal cases by way of a Support Request.

Just go to Support on the main navigation.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Erroneous notification.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »