BristolTEc
BristolTEc
Ecuador
Local time: 09:12
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 19, 2006

We are having problems that I do not understand here - I wonder if anyone else is suffering similarly?

The majority of times we try to access the Browse jobs page or every time we try to see the individual jobs page we get a "HTTP 406 Error" message alone when using Internet Explorer. Only by using Opera have I been able to see these pages and others.

This problem extends to these forum pages too. I can see the forum overviews, but trying to see an individual forum gi
... See more
We are having problems that I do not understand here - I wonder if anyone else is suffering similarly?

The majority of times we try to access the Browse jobs page or every time we try to see the individual jobs page we get a "HTTP 406 Error" message alone when using Internet Explorer. Only by using Opera have I been able to see these pages and others.

This problem extends to these forum pages too. I can see the forum overviews, but trying to see an individual forum gives the same "HTTP 406" - Opera works though.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:12
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Feb 19, 2006

Hi,
One of our fellow moderators reported similar behaviour.
I suggest to submit a Support Request, indicating the URL(s) where you encounter an error.

Best regards,
Ralf

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 10:12
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Yes, I've been having this problem too Feb 19, 2006

I'll also submit a Support Request, because apparently only some of us are experiencing this difficulty.

Thanks Ralf!

Nancy

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:12
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Mentioned in the Russian forum Feb 19, 2006

Some are having problems with IE and ProZ - ito only seems to be with the IE browser that there are problems, everything is fine with Firefox.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:12
English to German
+ ...
Firefox seems to be OK Feb 19, 2006

Confirming Jack's observation:

Some are having problems with IE and ProZ - ito only seems to be with the IE browser that there are problems, everything is fine with Firefox.

I'm using Firefox 1.0.7, without any problems.

Best regards,
Ralf

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 10:12
English
406 error being caused by one web server for IE users that do not have English in their languages Feb 20, 2006

Hello all,

It looks like the problem was only happening on one web server for Internet Explorer users who do not have English in their Internet Explorer languages list. I took the web server causing the problem out of production, and think I have fixed the problem.

If anyone notices a problem like that again in the near future please feel free to submit a support ticket! That is the best way to get a staff's attention. Or email me directly - justin at proz dot com... See more
Hello all,

It looks like the problem was only happening on one web server for Internet Explorer users who do not have English in their Internet Explorer languages list. I took the web server causing the problem out of production, and think I have fixed the problem.

If anyone notices a problem like that again in the near future please feel free to submit a support ticket! That is the best way to get a staff's attention. Or email me directly - justin at proz dot com

Best Regards,
Justin
Collapse

BristolTEc
BristolTEc
Ecuador
Local time: 09:12
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Submitted as support request - Tkt 24170 Feb 20, 2006

justin wrote:

Hello all,

If anyone notices a problem like that again in the near future please feel free to submit a support ticket! That is the best way to get a staff's attention. Or email me directly - justin at proz dot com

Best Regards,
Justin

Hello Justin

For information I did submit a support request on Ralf Lemster's suggestion. It is tkt No. 24170. Thanks for sorting it out, it had us worried.

Regards

Phil Willcox

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HTTP 406 Error on trying to open ProZ jobs

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »