https://wiki.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/38433-kudoz_tool_bar-page2.html

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
kudoz tool bar
Thread poster: Ines Garcia Botana

Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:26
Member
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
V2? Feb 2, 2006

Walter, what is V2?



Inés


 

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:26
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
New Version Feb 2, 2006

Ines Garcia Botana wrote:

Walter, what is V2?



Inés


Es la nueva versión de la Kudoz toolbar. La primera es V1 y la actual es la V2.

U R welcome,

Salu2.
Walter


 

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:26
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not even with the "ignore list" Apr 4, 2006

Walter Landesman wrote:

Hi Inés,

Well, I have a new PC now.

So, I decided to try V2 again. It works fine with this machine. However, the three antispyware I have (3) detect it as DANGEROUS TRHEAT, HIGH RISK spyware.

Back to a NEW ignore list.



Hi Colin,

I have a brand new PC now and Windows XP. However, both versions of the toolbar, the old one and the new one are detected by antispyware engines as CRAM TOOLBAR and ranked as Very Dangerous. In fact, the system has become very unstable and troublesome.

I am sorry to say that I finally had to uninstall KudoZ toolbar.
I know that other colleagues have been also complaining about that in other threads.

What I do now is to install it every time I have a long project and uninstall it right after I finish. The toolbar is very useful. Can`t it be fixed somehow?
Please?

Thank you.

Walter


 

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:26
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Anybody there? Jul 4, 2006

Walter Landesman wrote:

Walter Landesman wrote:

Hi Inés,

Well, I have a new PC now.

So, I decided to try V2 again. It works fine with this machine. However, the three antispyware I have (3) detect it as DANGEROUS TRHEAT, HIGH RISK spyware.

Back to a NEW ignore list.



Hi Colin,

I have a brand new PC now and Windows XP. However, both versions of the toolbar, the old one and the new one are detected by antispyware engines as CRAM TOOLBAR and ranked as Very Dangerous. In fact, the system has become very unstable and troublesome.

I am sorry to say that I finally had to uninstall KudoZ toolbar.
I know that other colleagues have been also complaining about that in other threads.

What I do now is to install it every time I have a long project and uninstall it right after I finish. The toolbar is very useful. Can`t it be fixed somehow?
Please?

Thank you.

Walter<

Hello? Anybody there that can fix this or at least answer this two months old question, please?
Thank you.


 

Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:26
Member
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same here Jul 5, 2006

I have already given in. I keep installing it and uninstalling it . My antispyware keeps finding it as a threat. Someone at Proz.com, don't remember his name, told me that I had to set my antispyware to "ignore".

It is very very useful but... it seems nobody can do anything to fix it.



Cheers.

Inés


 

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:26
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
do not ignore it Jul 5, 2006

Ines Garcia Botana wrote:

I have already given in. I keep installing it and uninstalling it . My antispyware keeps finding it as a threat. Someone at Proz.com, don't remember his name, told me that I had to set my antispyware to "ignore".

It is very very useful but... it seems nobody can do anything to fix it.



Cheers.

Inés

Hi Inés,

I tried that already. But whenever I install tha bar again, the system becomes very unstable and I have to reboot the PC many times. In doing so, I already lost several translated paragraphs, being forced to start all over again.

I opted for not using the toolbar at all. I just use the Kudoz search feature on the site.

I am not going to install the tool bar again until I am not sure this issue has been solved.

Saludos,

Walter


 

Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:26
Member
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Kudoz Bar stable here but... Jul 5, 2006

Hi, Walter,

Mine works fine, but I always clean my PC from spyware and it is annoying to install and reinstall this bar once and again.

Do you think that these posts are being read?

I am not so sure....

Best.


Ine


 

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:26
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
bad monsters Jul 6, 2006

Ines Garcia Botana wrote:

Hi, Walter,

Mine works fine, but I always clean my PC from spyware and it is annoying to install and reinstall this bar once and again.

Do you think that these posts are being read?

I am not so sure....

Best.


Ine


I also clean my PC everyday. But what happened to me more than once is that - after installing the toolbar - the system becomes unstable after a while, let`s say one hour, while working, the same day. And I have to reboot the PC and loose jobs not saved, even though I save my word files every 5-10 minutes when at work.

When I am back in place and the system allows me to scan it, I found all kind of terribe monsters hidding within, I kill them (bang) and start all over again.

In order to prevent that, I decided not to reinstall the toolbar and work with Kudoz search engines on the site.


 
Pages in topic:   < [1 2]


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

kudoz tool bar

Advanced search






SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »