Thread poster: Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
Lindsay Sabadosa (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:22
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 2, 2005

I'm not sure this is a bug per se but it's a bit odd. When I go under my Member Information I have the option of allowing others to see my Blue Board tab under my member profile. I have selected to have the tab invisible as I wouldn't want someone to have an easy-to-access list of my clients. If they happen upon a client that I've made an entry for, great, but I wouldn't want anyone to research who I do business with. That just seems bad for business. Well, today I was plugging my name into goog... See more
I'm not sure this is a bug per se but it's a bit odd. When I go under my Member Information I have the option of allowing others to see my Blue Board tab under my member profile. I have selected to have the tab invisible as I wouldn't want someone to have an easy-to-access list of my clients. If they happen upon a client that I've made an entry for, great, but I wouldn't want anyone to research who I do business with. That just seems bad for business. Well, today I was plugging my name into google, msn, yahoo, etc to see what comes up (I'd like potential clients to be able to find me after all!) and surprise, one after another, every entry I've made on the Blue Board came up through an msn search. Now, why is this? There is my name and, big as day, the name of the agency. I don't like this because I don't generally give out the names of my clients to just anyone (we are all a little protective of this information, right?), why would I want them all listed online? Granted, you cannot click on the link if you are not a Proz member but isn't there a way to have this information not come up at all?
Thanks!
Lindsay
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blue Board Access

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »