Thread poster: Barbara Baldi
Barbara Baldi
Barbara Baldi  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:32
English to Italian
+ ...
May 22, 2005

This is the best one!
I post a job and immediately after that I notice that the system has decided to restrict it to platinum members.
I assume it is a human mistake (mine), so I go back to the job posting and spend some more of my tight and precious time to rewrite the announcement speciying that the job IS NOT INTENDED ONLY FOR PLATINUMS BUT FOR EVERYBODY and what happens? Nothing changes. So it a dictatorship of the system and or by the authors. I truly hope this is just a mistake
... See more
This is the best one!
I post a job and immediately after that I notice that the system has decided to restrict it to platinum members.
I assume it is a human mistake (mine), so I go back to the job posting and spend some more of my tight and precious time to rewrite the announcement speciying that the job IS NOT INTENDED ONLY FOR PLATINUMS BUT FOR EVERYBODY and what happens? Nothing changes. So it a dictatorship of the system and or by the authors. I truly hope this is just a mistake otherwise we can really say there is no DEMOCRACY on this web site as only the richer should work. I assume that because interpreting jobs are better paid the job related postings must only be addressed to platinums. I hope this post is published in the interest of transparency and democracy (if there is still somebody believing in these old-fashioned values).
B. Baldi
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:32
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Dear Barbara May 22, 2005

I have looked through your recent job postings and none of them is platinum-restricted. Could you please contact me or any other job moderator http://www.proz.com/?sp=mod/list&show_mode=jobs_mods
providing the link to the job posting with which you had the problems described above?

Thank you,
Natalia
Jobs moderator

[Edited at 2005-05
... See more
I have looked through your recent job postings and none of them is platinum-restricted. Could you please contact me or any other job moderator http://www.proz.com/?sp=mod/list&show_mode=jobs_mods
providing the link to the job posting with which you had the problems described above?

Thank you,
Natalia
Jobs moderator

[Edited at 2005-05-22 12:06]
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:32
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Default setting May 22, 2005

Hi Barbara,

Your job is now open to all members. By default the field "Limit this job to platinum (paying) members of ProZ.com?" (a dropdown menu) is set on "allow non-paying member to express interest after 12 hours" (just click on Jobs --> Post Job and scroll down to that field to check), so you didn't adapt it to your likings.

Please next time contact a Jobs / BB moderator or a Jobs coordinator directly. We normally react pretty quickly to inquiries ...
See more
Hi Barbara,

Your job is now open to all members. By default the field "Limit this job to platinum (paying) members of ProZ.com?" (a dropdown menu) is set on "allow non-paying member to express interest after 12 hours" (just click on Jobs --> Post Job and scroll down to that field to check), so you didn't adapt it to your likings.

Please next time contact a Jobs / BB moderator or a Jobs coordinator directly. We normally react pretty quickly to inquiries

Thank you,

Giuliana

Jobs coordinator
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bad posting functining

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »