Thread poster: Miyoung Park
Miyoung Park
Miyoung Park  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 10:45
English to Korean
Dec 13, 2017

DQ6oGshXUAchxGz

I was going to upgrade my ProZ.com membership and could not finish it. Though I chose South Korea, all the regions were North Korean ones.

It is not the first time I found this kind of problem on ProZ.com. When I first registered on ProZ.com, I didn`t understand why my local time on ProZ.com account was GMT+8:30 instead of GMT +9. Later I found GMT+8:30 was North Korean Time and edited it right. Still, I see many fellow South Korean members with 30 minutes wrong time zone.

Next, I downloaded ProZ.com app and checked my profile. It said my nationality '북한(North Korea)' so I reported this bug and got it fixed.

This South/North Korea address issue is just getting annoying now.

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
Local time: 04:45
SITE STAFF
All issues indicated should be already fixed Dec 14, 2017

mypark wrote:

DQ6oGshXUAchxGz

I was going to upgrade my ProZ.com membership and could not finish it. Though I chose South Korea, all the regions were North Korean ones.

It is not the first time I found this kind of problem on ProZ.com. When I first registered on ProZ.com, I didn`t understand why my local time on ProZ.com account was GMT+8:30 instead of GMT +9. Later I found GMT+8:30 was North Korean Time and edited it right. Still, I see many fellow South Korean members with 30 minutes wrong time zone.

Next, I downloaded ProZ.com app and checked my profile. It said my nationality '북한(North Korea)' so I reported this bug and got it fixed.

This South/North Korea address issue is just getting annoying now.

Dear mypark,

Thanks for reporting, and my apologies for the inconvenience.

All issues indicated by you should be already fixed. I also see that your upgrade has been already made successfully.

Hope this helps.

Bests,

Yana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

South/North Korea address issues.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »