https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/293081-web_term_search_bug.html&phpv_redirected=1

Web term search bug?
Thread poster: Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
Oct 12, 2015

Hello Proz.com technical team,

I've always used Terminology > Web term search to do simultaneous Kudoz/Web terminology research but the interface has changed. I noticed it last week. Under the previous scheme, selecting Web term search always brought up my last settings: German to English as source and target respectively; Kudoz and leo.de in the Dictionaries box; and "none" in the Search Engines box. This settings memory has now disappeared and I now have to enter settings for ever
... See more
Hello Proz.com technical team,

I've always used Terminology > Web term search to do simultaneous Kudoz/Web terminology research but the interface has changed. I noticed it last week. Under the previous scheme, selecting Web term search always brought up my last settings: German to English as source and target respectively; Kudoz and leo.de in the Dictionaries box; and "none" in the Search Engines box. This settings memory has now disappeared and I now have to enter settings for every term that I'm looking for (source/target languages, dictionaries, etc.).

Secondly, only Kudoz comes up in the Dictionaries box (leo.de has disappeared). The previous setup was very convenient for GermanEnglish translators like me because it combined Kudoz glossaries and leo.de, the most useful online GermanEnglish dictionary currently available.

I've tried other language combinations, the bug seems to affect all of them: you have to enter target/source languages, dictionaries, etc. for *every* term. The system no longer remembers your last settings. This exercise becomes extremely tedious if you're working on a large project and are looking for several terms.

A return to the previous setup which worked perfectly would be great.

Marcus
Collapse

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
Local time: 03:56
SITE STAFF
Development staff notified Oct 12, 2015

Hello Marcus,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

This issue has been already sent to be checked internally by site developers.

My apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Yana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Web term search bug?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »