Thread poster: Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:28
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 16, 2004

I just have received notification that I am featured on the ProZ homepage. Message has been sent 1 minute ago and stated that I'll be featured for the following 15 minutes. I refreshed ProZ homepage and saw that there is another member's logo on it...
The same happened two days ago.
Taking into account these notifications I also haven't been featured for a month - since 16 November, after I have been featured 3 times every second day......
See more
I just have received notification that I am featured on the ProZ homepage. Message has been sent 1 minute ago and stated that I'll be featured for the following 15 minutes. I refreshed ProZ homepage and saw that there is another member's logo on it...
The same happened two days ago.
Taking into account these notifications I also haven't been featured for a month - since 16 November, after I have been featured 3 times every second day...

May be there is a bug in the system?
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 19:28
SITE STAFF
It can take a few minutes for all web servers to update featured pro Dec 20, 2004

Natalya Zelikova wrote:

Hi Natalya,

It can take a few minutes for all web servers to update the featured pro after it has been changed. You may have visited the site in that interval.

Taking into account these notifications I also haven't been featured for a month - since 16 November, after I have been featured 3 times every second day...

The featured pro is chosen at random from eligible members, which isn't the same as an even distribution. It is quite possible to be chosen frequently in a short period of time and then to have a short "dry spell" when you aren't selected at all. However, I will keep an eye on it to see if there is something wrong.

Best regards,

Jason

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 02:28
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
I never was... Dec 20, 2004

Not that it matters much for me, but I've never received a notification that I was featured. I'm platinum since the middle of August. Also, I've never seen myself featured at the proZ homepage...

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
I think I have been featured once Dec 22, 2004

I also received a notice (once) that I was featured but was already gone by the time I looked. AFAIK, that was the one and only time I was ever featured. Some people seem to be featured on a regular basis every couple of weeks. Is there a method to the madness? . No, am definitely not losing sleep over this-just curious.

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 02:28
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Lucky you! Dec 22, 2004

writeaway wrote:
I also received a notice (once) that I was featured but was already gone by the time I looked. AFAIK, that was the one and only time I was ever featured.

But not as lucky as Natalya, though. Not mentioning me.
Being a mathematician, I would like to know how the randomizer works (and how all the thing ticks). Just out of a curiosity.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"You are featured" But it's not me...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »