No visibility in Proz translator search results (Staff: addressed via support request)
Thread poster: Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:58
Italian to English
+ ...
Jul 4, 2014

Hi folks,
Just a heads up to check if you're visible in searches for translators when going through the following links: Jobs & directories" - "Translators & Interpreters" - Search the ProZ.com translator and interpreter directory - drop-down menus.

I just searched for Italian to English translators and I am not visible to potential clients in the search results.
On the basis of my Kudoz points I should be third in the rankings if you search for a tech/engineering ITA-EN
... See more
Hi folks,
Just a heads up to check if you're visible in searches for translators when going through the following links: Jobs & directories" - "Translators & Interpreters" - Search the ProZ.com translator and interpreter directory - drop-down menus.

I just searched for Italian to English translators and I am not visible to potential clients in the search results.
On the basis of my Kudoz points I should be third in the rankings if you search for a tech/engineering ITA-ENG translator, first if you search for one with automotive expertise and third if searching for one with mechanics/mech engineering expertise.
I do not appear in any of these search results.

There is also at least one other top-ranking translator hidden if you search through the "Search the ProZ.com translator and interpreter directory" link with the drop-down menus.

However, if you click on the links to tech or automotive ITA-ENG translators, both translators appear in the top rankings as they should.

The problem appears to be when going through "Jobs & directories" - "Translators & Interpreters" - Search the ProZ.com translator and interpreter directory with its drop-down menus, selecting Italian, English, Translation, Tech/Engineering for example.
If you look for a tech ITA-ENG translator using these links, at least 2 of the top ranking translators are hidden to potential clients.
Jo
Collapse

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:58
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Invisible when searching for "Translation" service Jul 4, 2014

In my case the problem is specifically in searches when selecting "Translation" in the services menu.
I am not listed in the "Translators" search results but I am if you search for "Interpreters" for example.
I have Translation selected under "Services and offerings" in my settings and I've tried deleting this and adding it again but I am still invisible to clients looking for an ITA-ENG tech translator.

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Declaring services for your specific language pairs Jul 7, 2014

Hello Jo,

I see that this issue was addressed via support request.

Please keep in mind that all the services you provide should be declared for your specific language pairs here: http://www.proz.com/settings/languages . You can do that by clicking the pencil icon next to each language pair.

In this case
... See more
Hello Jo,

I see that this issue was addressed via support request.

Please keep in mind that all the services you provide should be declared for your specific language pairs here: http://www.proz.com/settings/languages . You can do that by clicking the pencil icon next to each language pair.

In this case I see that you've declared translation as one of the services you provide in Italian to English, so you now appear in those directory search results.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No visibility in Proz translator search results (Staff: addressed via support request)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »