Thread poster: allangua
allangua
allangua  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:20
German to French
+ ...
Nov 13, 2013

When I click on Candidates on the page > Corporate Members > Dashboard > Manage Candidates > Candidates, the following message appears: "block UI requires jQery v. 1.2.3 or later. You are using v. 1.10.2" This message also appears when I refresh the site.
I can not filter or priorize any more.
Everybody who uses the Dashboard is receiving this message. So the Error must be on ProZ side in your WordPress.
I found the following so
... See more
When I click on Candidates on the page > Corporate Members > Dashboard > Manage Candidates > Candidates, the following message appears: "block UI requires jQery v. 1.2.3 or later. You are using v. 1.10.2" This message also appears when I refresh the site.
I can not filter or priorize any more.
Everybody who uses the Dashboard is receiving this message. So the Error must be on ProZ side in your WordPress.
I found the following solution: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordpress-36-and-jqueryblockui-version-problem-solution
Collapse

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Issue should now be fixed Nov 13, 2013

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this. The error you mention should now be fixed, but please try using your Connect dashboard once again and letting me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Maria

allangua
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Filter still does not work Nov 20, 2013

Dear Maria,

Thank you very much for immediate reaction. The error message doe's not appear any more and priorize works. But filtering still does not work.

Best regards
Andreas

[Edited at 2013-11-20 15:22 GMT]

allangua
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
field "Your pricing" shows 0.00 if 0,05 (German way) is written Nov 20, 2013

If the cadidate fills out the field “ Your pricing” in the form “submit quote” the German way 0,05 and not 0.05 as he should do, the field “Your pricing” shows only 0.00. Instead of 1.200,00 (the German way of writing) it shows 1.20
At least 50% of my candidates write the price in that way, so that I have to contact them and ask for their price. I am sure, that most outsourcers do not ask for the price. That means that most German translators who do not know about the correct
... See more
If the cadidate fills out the field “ Your pricing” in the form “submit quote” the German way 0,05 and not 0.05 as he should do, the field “Your pricing” shows only 0.00. Instead of 1.200,00 (the German way of writing) it shows 1.20
At least 50% of my candidates write the price in that way, so that I have to contact them and ask for their price. I am sure, that most outsourcers do not ask for the price. That means that most German translators who do not know about the correct pricing at Proz will never get a job.
I took me long time to find out why the field pricing shows 0.00.

Today I wrote a new Topic for the above described issue:
http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/259964-field_your_pricing_shows_000_if_005_german_way_is_written.html#2229767

Alejandro Cavalitto replied that he has added this to our backlog of ideas and suggestions for site improvement, to be evaluated for possible future implementation.

I am disappointed about this reply as it can take years until anybody will repair this bug.
(see my posting "How can I add a Proz member into vendors database?" and the following postings from 2011, which are still unrepaired, in
http://www.proz.com/forum/corporate_members/99184-new_vendor_manager_dashboard_qualification_pipeline_and_more.html)

Therefore I write this bug Report to you and hope that you will understand the importance of it and make presure for immediate repair. (please also ask when my above mentioned posting from 2011 will be worked on)

Please realise that most of the Germans who make quotes will do it in vain, as the outsourcers cannot see their Pricing.

[Edited at 2013-11-20 19:49 GMT]
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:20
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Site developers are working on a solution Nov 20, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

We understand the importance of this situation. Site developers are working on a solution at the moment. I will let you know here when one is implemented. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dashboard: block UI requires jQery v. 1.2.3 or later

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »