From Proz to Google
Thread poster: Sheilann
Sheilann
Sheilann  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:09
Spanish to English
Aug 13, 2004

This afternoon I keyed my name into Google, just to see what would come up. I was surprised to find two hits directly from Proz. One was my profile page and the other, believe it or not, was a question to which I'd given a peer response. I hadn't even posted the question or suggested an answer.
I have no doubts as to the integrity of members, but I would like to find sme explanation for this.
Have any other Prozians experienced the sa
... See more
This afternoon I keyed my name into Google, just to see what would come up. I was surprised to find two hits directly from Proz. One was my profile page and the other, believe it or not, was a question to which I'd given a peer response. I hadn't even posted the question or suggested an answer.
I have no doubts as to the integrity of members, but I would like to find sme explanation for this.
Have any other Prozians experienced the same?
The Google hits are:
www.proz.com/pro/24710
www.proz.com/kudoz/777473
What worries me is disclosure of my personal information.
Look forward to any replies.
www.proz.com/kudoz/777473

[Edited at 2004-08-13 19:17]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

From Proz to Google

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »