Membership bug (purchased membership but the blue ribbon comes and goes)
Thread poster: Emily Plank
Emily Plank
Emily Plank  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 21:15
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
May 10, 2012

Wondering if anyone can help me. I purchased full membership yesterday, and the payment has been confirmed and processed by Paypal and ProZ. When I first sign into the page and for a little while after that, I am usually showing as having the blue ribbon and being a full member. Then, for no reason, after a while, as I continue using the site, I revert back to a basic member with no membership privileges. I have submitted various support queries and am still waiting for them to resolve the probl... See more
Wondering if anyone can help me. I purchased full membership yesterday, and the payment has been confirmed and processed by Paypal and ProZ. When I first sign into the page and for a little while after that, I am usually showing as having the blue ribbon and being a full member. Then, for no reason, after a while, as I continue using the site, I revert back to a basic member with no membership privileges. I have submitted various support queries and am still waiting for them to resolve the problem. But in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this? I am extremely frustrated by it.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks,

Emily

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2012-05-10 13:38 GMT]
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 10:15
SITE STAFF
It can sometimes take a short while for the blue ribbon to become visible throughout the site May 10, 2012

Hi Emily,

Thank you for joining ProZ.com as a full member! Your membership is active and everything is in order. When membership is activated, it can sometimes take a short while for the blue ribbon to become visible across the site as your status gets synchronized across all of the site's servers (e.g. you may see it in your profile but not next to your name in the forums). Sorry for the confusion!

Jared

Emily Plank
Emily Plank  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 21:15
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! May 10, 2012

Thanks a lot for the info, Jared! That definitely clarifies the issue for me. I was just a bit confused and getting pretty frustrated about it! I had paid for full membership a few years ago too and didn't remember this happening to me. Perhaps there is some way of putting the information you have just given me on the membership sign-up page for future subscribers so that they too are aware of this? Just a suggestion.

Thanks again and look forward to enjoying the ProZ membership ben
... See more
Thanks a lot for the info, Jared! That definitely clarifies the issue for me. I was just a bit confused and getting pretty frustrated about it! I had paid for full membership a few years ago too and didn't remember this happening to me. Perhaps there is some way of putting the information you have just given me on the membership sign-up page for future subscribers so that they too are aware of this? Just a suggestion.

Thanks again and look forward to enjoying the ProZ membership benefits

Emily
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Membership bug (purchased membership but the blue ribbon comes and goes)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »