https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/218230-no_decimals_for_jpy_rate_in_invoices.html&phpv_redirected=1

No decimals for JPY rate in invoices
Thread poster: David Gómez
David Gómez
David Gómez  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:26
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 14, 2012

Hello,

I'm generating an invoice using a JPY rate. The rate has decimals and although the total amount is calculated correctly, the generated invoice rate is rounded to 8, instead of showing 8.2366

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:26
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for the feedback Feb 14, 2012

Hello David,

Thanks for reporting this. I confirm that the invoicing tool does not currently show decimals for rates expressed in JPY. I have requested that this is corrected. I will let you know here when the necessary changes are made.

Please let me know if you need anything else in the meantime.

Best regards,
Alejandro

David Gómez
David Gómez  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:26
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Japanese characters Feb 14, 2012

Hello Alejandro,

Thanks for your fast response.

Actually, i found another problem in the invoicing tool, not related to this. I'm using japanese characters in the client data and in the job description. All are displayed correctly. But when i export the invoice to a PDF file, the characters are no longer visible.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No decimals for JPY rate in invoices

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »