Translation News message obscures part of recent forum post list (Staff: fixed)
Thread poster: Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:40
German to English
+ ...
Sep 16, 2011

A new feature has appeared which is VERY ANNOYING. When I click "most recent posts", the list (not long enough!!) of posts appears and, on top of it, obscuring part of the list, a rectangular pop-up containing the text "Have you read any recent news story in translation?
Share it with the translation community at ProZ.com translation news".
There appears to be nothing I can do to remove it from that page.

Please make the necessary modification to ensure that it either NE
... See more
A new feature has appeared which is VERY ANNOYING. When I click "most recent posts", the list (not long enough!!) of posts appears and, on top of it, obscuring part of the list, a rectangular pop-up containing the text "Have you read any recent news story in translation?
Share it with the translation community at ProZ.com translation news".
There appears to be nothing I can do to remove it from that page.

Please make the necessary modification to ensure that it either NEVER appears or, if it appears, there must be a very simple and very obvious way to get rid of it.

I have now discovered: this occurs both with Firefox (version 3.6) and Internet Explorer (version 6) but only when the user is logged in to Proz.
It also occurs on each of the 2 (still only 2!!!!) pages of "recent posts".

Oliver

[Edited at 2011-09-16 15:47 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2011-09-16 16:00 GMT]
Collapse

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for reporting this. The problem should be fixed now. Sep 16, 2011

Dear Oliver,

Thanks for reporting this. The problem should be fixed now.

Please remember that when you experience problems like this the best way to report them is via the online support center.

Thanks in advance.

Romina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation News message obscures part of recent forum post list (Staff: fixed)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »