https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/196372-your_ip_address_has_been_temporarily_blocked.html&phpv_redirected=1

Your IP address has been temporarily blocked
Thread poster: lidija68
lidija68
lidija68  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:17
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
Apr 9, 2011

I'm not sure this is a bug.
While I was looking to my profile, I get disconected with this message:

"Your IP address has been temporarily blocked because a large number of requests have come from your IP address in the past few minutes.

Please try again in 2 hours.

If you need technical assistance, please contact our support team via email at [email protected] or call +54-221-4251266"
... See more
I'm not sure this is a bug.
While I was looking to my profile, I get disconected with this message:

"Your IP address has been temporarily blocked because a large number of requests have come from your IP address in the past few minutes.

Please try again in 2 hours.

If you need technical assistance, please contact our support team via email at [email protected] or call +54-221-4251266"

Somebody knows what happened?

I disconnected my router and connected it again, and than I was able to access to ProZ site.

Lidija
- english is not my working language -
Collapse

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 04:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
RSS feed Apr 9, 2011

Yes, that happened to me a few days ago while I was working and consulting Kudoz.

I could go to any other page in the site but Kudoz. I wrote to support and they fixed it in a few minutes.

I was using RSS feed for Kudoz and they said the system must have detected an unusual number of request in a short time. The system is set up to act that way in those cases to prevent spam (which is a good thing).

Anyway, as I said, support fixed it right away.

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
seconded Apr 29, 2011

I second this issue. It happened to me a few hours ago while browsing through KudoZ.

I already submitted a ticket, but as I'm not the only one would it be possible to provide some official statement? I see no such restriction indicated in the User agreement or in the rules (based on browsing) and as a paying member I do expect full access no matter what comes from my IP address.

Thank you.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 04:17
SITE STAFF
The IP block is a security measure Apr 29, 2011

Hello Tomas,

Sorry to hear you were affected. Let me explain a little about what the IP block is for. I posted a bit on this earlier this month at http://www.proz.com/post/1719842#1719842 . The temporary IP block is a security measure designed to protect the site and its members. I have not seen a case where it is activated by normal browsing of the site, or very fast browsing of the
... See more
Hello Tomas,

Sorry to hear you were affected. Let me explain a little about what the IP block is for. I posted a bit on this earlier this month at http://www.proz.com/post/1719842#1719842 . The temporary IP block is a security measure designed to protect the site and its members. I have not seen a case where it is activated by normal browsing of the site, or very fast browsing of the site. It could be triggered by RSS feed readers which are feeding a large number of site pages at a high update frequency, for example, or by opening a large number of site pages or links all at once (or a combination of both), behavior the system may detect as a potential security threat. The best way of addressing this when it happens is to forward to support staff the relevant information (browser being used, etc.) and they can generally take care of things in short order. Submitting this information may also help to refine the system that protects the site. Thanks.

Jared
Collapse

allangua
allangua  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
In vendor management dashboard I can reproduce this bug Jan 29, 2017

This bug I am facing since long time in various situations. Nothing has been done by ProZ develelopers since year 2011. It seems that nobody is interested.

You can see the description in the following file:

https://1drv.ms/w/s!Aopz2Cm2B53fg5UIh06BSXVaNniHiw

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Your IP address has been temporarily blocked

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »