Browniz to see no information in BB
Thread poster: Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:30
German to Spanish
Jan 21, 2004

I just give 50 Browniz to consult the BB for a agency just to see that there is no information.
Is is a bug? or is that normal?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Number of reviews shown prior to deducting BrowniZ Jan 21, 2004

Hi Toledo,
I take it "no information" means no ratings.

The number of ratings in the system is shown on the overview as well as on the screen where you choose between using BrowniZ or cash for access.

HTH, Ralf

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
?? Jan 21, 2004

Why are agencies in the Blueboard if only stay the Address?
I thought that in BB are only agencies that already have been controlled
Well, I lost my hard worked Brownizs
it does not matter

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check the Blue Board FAQ - no official control Jan 21, 2004

Hi again,
May I suggest you check the [url=
http://www.proz.com/?sp=agency_list&viewPage=faq]Blue Board FAQ[/url]? I have quoted some of the relevant wording below.

Why are agencies in the Blueboard if only stay the Address?

Generally, if members would like information about a particular outsourcer that is not yet listed in the BB, they are welcome to enter that outsourcer, and to invite others (who have worked for that outsourcer) to comment.
More specifically, a group of moderators dedicated to the Jobs Area attempt to create BB entries for each new job poster. The point is to enhance transparency.

BB FAQ #1: ProZ.com members use the Blue Board both to rate their likelihood of working again with clients they have worked with at least once, or to solicit such information from other members.

I thought that in BB are only agencies that already have been controlled

Careful here: the fact that an outsourcer is listed in the Blue Board means nothing per se - there is no controlling or vetting mechanism involved. However, when moderators or site staff notice several negative comments involving non-payment, we may become active, and have done so repeatedly.

BB FAQ #10: How reliable is the Blue Board?

The reviews posted here are not confirmed in any way, and represent the opinions of the reviewers only. Things to consider when evaluating reviews are the activity levels, identity verification status, membership levels, registration numbers and other characteristics of the reviewers.

Notwithstanding the reviews posted here, members are encouraged to form their own opinions from their experiences in working with, or negotiating with, clients directly.

HTH, Ralf

[Edited at 2004-01-21 18:47]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Browniz to see no information in BB

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »