Thread poster: Jörgen Slet
Jörgen Slet
Jörgen Slet  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 12:59
English to Estonian
+ ...
Oct 27, 2003

When I grade a Kudoz answer and choose to enter it in glossary, there's also a checkbox to add it in personal glossary. I always check it (not naming the glossary) but the entries are never entered. I have one ancient entry in my glossary only.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:59
English to German
+ ...
Name your glossary Oct 28, 2003

Hi Jörgen,
I always check it (not naming the glossary) but the entries are never entered.

Actually, this might well be the problem - you will need to name at least one personal glossary (note that your profile shows no glossary at all).

HTH - Ralf

Jörgen Slet
Estonia
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
http://www.proz.com/?sp=my_g&entity_id=51584 Oct 28, 2003

There is a note that naming it is optional.
I've never named it but I do have one term in my glossary:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=my_g&entity_id=51584

Also, since my current glossary has no name, entering a name would likely cause unexpected results ?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:59
English to German
+ ...
That link shows your own glossary/ies Oct 28, 2003

Hi again,
There is a note that naming it is optional.

Where exactly? Are you using the old KudoZ design or the new one?

I've never named it but I do have one term in my glossary:

When I click on that link, I see my own glossaries. I don't see anything on your profile, however.

Also, since my current glossary has no name, entering a name would likely cause unexpected results ?

Not really - all that happens is that you create a new glossary.

BTW I just tried it - a term isn't entered into your personal glossary unless you either specify an existing glossary or name a new one.

Cheers, Ralf

Jörgen Slet
Estonia
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I want to enter the term in the existing glossary Oct 28, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:
Not really - all that happens is that you create a new glossary.

But I want to enter it in the existing one.

BTW I just tried it - a term isn't entered into your personal glossary unless you either specify an existing glossary or name a new one.

Cheers, Ralf

But how do I specify one that doesn't have a name, and why is it said that naming is optional ?

http://www.hot.ee/kuldahv/Proz_kudoz_gloss.gif

http://www.hot.ee/kuldahv/Proz_gloss.gif

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:59
Georgian to English
+ ...
Hello Ralf & Jorgen (answers not added to personal gloss,likely to be real) Oct 28, 2003

unfortunately Jorgen is likely to be right - this has been a bug for a while, including when I have selected one of my named glossaries and ticked the box, on a number of occasions (at least in the new interface).
It's the kind of bug that is difficult for users to detect, because it's so easy to assume that "we just forgot to tick the box or something".
If you are sure it is continuing, Jorgen, please could you submit a support request about it as well...
See more
unfortunately Jorgen is likely to be right - this has been a bug for a while, including when I have selected one of my named glossaries and ticked the box, on a number of occasions (at least in the new interface).
It's the kind of bug that is difficult for users to detect, because it's so easy to assume that "we just forgot to tick the box or something".
If you are sure it is continuing, Jorgen, please could you submit a support request about it as well

Best wishes
Giuli

~Eng Russ Geo~
Collapse

Jörgen Slet
Estonia
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
http://www.proz.com/?sp=mt&eid_s=51584 Oct 28, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:
When I click on that link, I see my own glossaries.

This is funny, as the link contains my usernumber (51584). I guess it's hardwired to take clicker to his own glossary, regardless of the ID at the end of the link.

I think this would be a more neutral link (found it in the old interface):

http://www.proz.com/?sp=mt&eid_s=51584

Jörgen Slet
Estonia
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Kudoz-glossary link still dead, although I now named 2 glossaries Nov 7, 2003

I now named 2 glossaries (unnamed ones apparently are hidden) and select them from the pulldown menu when trying to copy a Kudoz answer to glossary, but terms are still not entered.

I've already submitted 2 support requests too, like Giuli suggested, no response or result yet though.

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:59
Georgian to English
+ ...
Hello Jorgen Nov 7, 2003

I can now see the links to the glossaries on your profile - one to "All terms", and 2 to "Main" and "English mono" - and since none of them were showing (to me) on your profile before, that looks a good sign. (Eng mono has one term in it, and Main two, according to what I can see.)

Best wishes
Giuli

~Eng Russ Geo~

[Edited at 2003-11-07 18:43]

As Jorgen says, there does still seem to be a problem entering Kudoz answers to a personal glossa
... See more
I can now see the links to the glossaries on your profile - one to "All terms", and 2 to "Main" and "English mono" - and since none of them were showing (to me) on your profile before, that looks a good sign. (Eng mono has one term in it, and Main two, according to what I can see.)

Best wishes
Giuli

~Eng Russ Geo~

[Edited at 2003-11-07 18:43]

As Jorgen says, there does still seem to be a problem entering Kudoz answers to a personal glossary ~

whether a named glossary is selected or not....

[Edited at 2003-11-08 01:13]
Collapse

Jörgen Slet
Estonia
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I entered these manually Nov 7, 2003

Dr. Giuli Kvrivishvili wrote:

I entered these manually. The glossary links appeared after I named glossaries, unnamed glossary stays hidden, apparently.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz terms not added to glossary

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »