Thread poster: Sheila Hardie
Sheila Hardie
Sheila Hardie  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:05
Catalan to English
+ ...
Jun 28, 2003

Today I have tried twice to send a support request as I am having a few problems paying for my platinum membership renewal by Visa card (I haven't got a 3 or 4 digit number on the back of my Spanish Visa card and the membership renewal form won't process if I don't supply one of these numbers).

Re. the support request form - I fill it in and press send then the computer freezes and I have to reboot. Maybe it is just my computer, I don't know.

I would be very grateful
... See more
Today I have tried twice to send a support request as I am having a few problems paying for my platinum membership renewal by Visa card (I haven't got a 3 or 4 digit number on the back of my Spanish Visa card and the membership renewal form won't process if I don't supply one of these numbers).

Re. the support request form - I fill it in and press send then the computer freezes and I have to reboot. Maybe it is just my computer, I don't know.

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me how I can send a support request without the whole thing freezing up.

This is not my lucky day for forms:-((!

Many thanks in advance.

Sheila
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 00:05
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
I'll try to send it for you Jun 28, 2003

I'll send to support request the link to this thread.
But...we're on Saturday night

Sheila Hardie
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Merci, Claudia Jun 29, 2003

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

I'll send to support request the link to this thread.
But...we're on Saturday night

Thanks, Claudia! That's kind of you. I forgot to say I also contacted 2Checkout.com about this problem (they deal with the Visa card processing for proz.com as far as I can see) but they have not replied. I am worried I won't be able to pay in time to make the special offer, which closes on 30th June.

I hope someone can help me resolve this situation as soon as possible.

Thanks again!:-)

Sheila

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No CC payments without the 3-digit check number Jun 29, 2003

I don't think any online merchant is going to be able to accept the card without that number. I just had a look at my Visa cards - the number is not very easy to find: it's printed in the signature field on the back (on mine, you can see the last four digits of the card number, plus the three-digit check number).

Just sent a request myself - no problem. Which OS and browser are you using?

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me how I can send a support request without the whole thing freezing up.

Try sending an email to [email protected], or give them a call on Monday. Contact me directly if you don't get any feedback.

Best regards, Ralf

Sheila Hardie
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Jun 29, 2003

"I don't think any online merchant is going to be able to accept the card without that number. I just had a look at my Visa cards - the number is not very easy to find: it's printed in the signature field on the back (on mine, you can see the last four digits of the card number, plus the three-digit check number) ".

Wow, it was there all the time, after the last four digits of the card number, just as you said. And, it worked! Brilliant! Thanks so much, Ralf:-) I have now ren
... See more
"I don't think any online merchant is going to be able to accept the card without that number. I just had a look at my Visa cards - the number is not very easy to find: it's printed in the signature field on the back (on mine, you can see the last four digits of the card number, plus the three-digit check number) ".

Wow, it was there all the time, after the last four digits of the card number, just as you said. And, it worked! Brilliant! Thanks so much, Ralf:-) I have now renewed my membership for another year.

Thanks Claudia for your help too:-)

Have a good Sunday,

Sheila

[Edited at 2003-06-29 12:59]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can't send a support request form to proz.com

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »