Russian-English Easy questions not being listed today; Natalie becomes unperson.
Thread poster: Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:11
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Jun 26, 2003

In the Russian-English language pair of KudoZ questions (maybe in other pairs too?) the "easy" questions for today are not listed if you go to KudoZ > Answer Questions > Search > Russian-English (easy). There have been eight questions today, which have been notified by email as they should be and have received answers, but these are not listed.
This does not apply to Russian-English (pro), where all today's questions are correctly listed.

2. Tried to find Natalie (t
... See more
In the Russian-English language pair of KudoZ questions (maybe in other pairs too?) the "easy" questions for today are not listed if you go to KudoZ > Answer Questions > Search > Russian-English (easy). There have been eight questions today, which have been notified by email as they should be and have received answers, but these are not listed.
This does not apply to Russian-English (pro), where all today's questions are correctly listed.

2. Tried to find Natalie (the Russian forum moderator) in Directory (Search by Name), but the only Natalie listed, whether you look under Username or First Name, is Natalie Sian Grassmann (natalie_g).
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:11
English to German
+ ...
One solved, one to go... Jun 26, 2003

Hi Jack,

I understand that's a bug Henry is already working on.

2. Tried to find Natalie (the Russian forum moderator) in Directory (Search by Name), but the only Natalie listed, whether you look under Username or First Name, is Natalie Sian Grassmann (natalie_g).

Use the forum moderators list, where Natalie (the right one...) is listed. (Note that the list is also accessible through Community -> Help -> Team).

HTH - Ralf

Elena Ivaniushina
Elena Ivaniushina  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 07:11
English to Russian
+ ...
alas... Jun 30, 2003

The problem with Easy questions in RusEng pair still persists. I get notifications about new questions, but they don't get listed on the main page.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Confirming Alya's findings on Russian-English easy; Natalie returns from limbo. Jun 30, 2003

Checked Russian-English easy through KudoZ search again. One question listed for today but another one posted five hours ago is not.

2. Ralf, I didn't ask about Natalie because I could not find her; it was easy to go to the Russian forum and click on her name listed there as moderator. I just wondered why she was not listed under Search by Name.
However, I just looked under Search by Name again, and found that she and several other Natalies have been returned to th
... See more
Checked Russian-English easy through KudoZ search again. One question listed for today but another one posted five hours ago is not.

2. Ralf, I didn't ask about Natalie because I could not find her; it was easy to go to the Russian forum and click on her name listed there as moderator. I just wondered why she was not listed under Search by Name.
However, I just looked under Search by Name again, and found that she and several other Natalies have been returned to their rightful place there.
Collapse

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Georgian to English
+ ...
Alas also Jul 1, 2003

Alya wrote:

The problem with Easy questions in RusEng pair still persists. I get notifications about new questions, but they don't get listed on the main page.

The same problem is also still effecting easy questions in (at least some) other kudos sectors

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
No "I Love you" question listed in EN-DE Jul 2, 2003

Same problem in EN-DE - questions from non-members do not appear in the list, e-mail notification seems work. (Just thought I'd mention it).

Elena Ivaniushina
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
still problems Jul 7, 2003

We are still having problems with Easy questions from the non-members in the English-Russian pair.

Although I get notifications about new question, and can access them if I follow the links inside, these quesitons do not get listed on the Easy KudoZ page.

Can we hope that this annoying problem shall be solved soon?

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Italian to German
we discussed this in the Italian Forum: Jul 7, 2003

easy questions by non-members now finish in the "external" category. This is no good because a) if you want to answer all types of questions, you have to open 3 categories instead of 2, and b) because in that category there are questions in all languages, which is quite a mess. I understand they're working at it.

Elena Ivaniushina
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
not in this case, I'm afraid Jul 8, 2003

Martin Schmurr wrote:
easy questions by non-members now finish in the "external" category.

This may well be true for the Italian questions, but not for the English-Russian-English pairs. The questions from non-members now finish nowhere; they are not in the Easy section, nor they are in the External section. They simply "disappear" from all lists, although I can retrieve the questions by following the links given in the notifications by e-mail.

For example, over the period from the 3rd till 7th of July, there was over 20 questions from non-members, NONE of which are listed in ANY section of Kudoz questions.

[Edited at 2003-07-08 13:37]

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Georgian to English
+ ...
They are vanishing as Alya says. The Eng.monolingual easy Q.s vanish too, when finished on homepage Jul 9, 2003

Alya wrote:

The questions from non-members now finish nowhere; they are not in the Easy section, nor they are in the External section. They simply "disappear" from all lists
For example, over the period from the 3rd till 7th of July, there was over 20 questions from non-members, NONE of which are listed in ANY section of Kudoz questions.

Viktor Nikolaev
Viktor Nikolaev  Identity Verified
Belgium
French to Russian
+ ...
They are vanishing as Alya says. The Eng.monolingual easy Q.s vanish too, when finished on homepage Jul 10, 2003

And Russian-French Easy questions too.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:11
SITE FOUNDER
Solved Jul 21, 2003

Thanks for the reports. In response to requests by members who want a way to avoid questions from non-members, we split them out. The bug was that only "pro"-level questions from non-members (or members who are not logged in) were shown.

Now, in response to complaints about the separation, we have put non-member questions back in with member questions. To help you differentiate, non-member questions now appear in a slightly darker color in lists.

Thanks for reporting th
... See more
Thanks for the reports. In response to requests by members who want a way to avoid questions from non-members, we split them out. The bug was that only "pro"-level questions from non-members (or members who are not logged in) were shown.

Now, in response to complaints about the separation, we have put non-member questions back in with member questions. To help you differentiate, non-member questions now appear in a slightly darker color in lists.

Thanks for reporting this bug!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Russian-English Easy questions not being listed today; Natalie becomes unperson.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »