Thread poster: corinne durand
corinne durand
corinne durand  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:29
English to French
+ ...
May 6, 2003

Hello,

I am interested in registering for a Proz domain and hosting facility, however, when I try to proceed to \"sign up\", I don\'t seem to be recognized as platinum, and I am quite sure my membership is still valid.

Thanks in anticipation,

Corinne

corinne durand
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hellooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!Anybody there? May 9, 2003

Any chance of getting an answer to the above soon?

Rick Henry
Rick Henry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:29
Italian to English
+ ...
Have you tried using the support request form? May 9, 2003

If you\'re using the new layout, it\'s under \"Tools\". Then choose the \"Support\" tab.

HTH

R.

==

Quote:

On 2003-05-09 17:13, tfk wrote:

Any chance of getting an answer to the above soon?

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 01:29
SITE STAFF
Works for me, please provide more info May 10, 2003

Corinne,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

When I log in as you, I am able to sign up for a domain name with no problems. Can you describe in more detail the trouble you are encountering?

Regards,

jg

corinne durand
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi May 10, 2003

Hello Jason,

I will try again. What happened is that when I tried to proceed from the initial screen by pressing the button sign up, or the other one next to it, I can\'t remember what it was called, I got the message \'You have to sign up as a Platinum member to register\' or something along these lines and could not proceed any further AS a platinum member. As I said, I will try again and let you know if it\'s still not happening on my next attempt.

Thanks and ha
... See more
Hello Jason,

I will try again. What happened is that when I tried to proceed from the initial screen by pressing the button sign up, or the other one next to it, I can\'t remember what it was called, I got the message \'You have to sign up as a Platinum member to register\' or something along these lines and could not proceed any further AS a platinum member. As I said, I will try again and let you know if it\'s still not happening on my next attempt.

Thanks and have a nice week end,

Corinne
Collapse

corinne durand
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried again, still not working May 15, 2003

When I try and sign up for requesting a domain, I get this message and can\'t proceed any further than the sign up page to become platinum (which I already am until Jan 04):

You must be a Platinum member to sign up for free web hosting.

Can you help?

TIA

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Please try once more May 15, 2003

Corinne,

I\'m not sure what the problem is. When I log in as you, I don\'t get that error. Are you certain that you are logged in with your Platinum account when you access the hosting sign-up page?

I made a slight change to the hosting sign-up code that might resolve this issue. Please ensure that you are logged in to your Platinum account, and try to sign up once more. If you still encounter difficu
... See more
Corinne,

I\'m not sure what the problem is. When I log in as you, I don\'t get that error. Are you certain that you are logged in with your Platinum account when you access the hosting sign-up page?

I made a slight change to the hosting sign-up code that might resolve this issue. Please ensure that you are logged in to your Platinum account, and try to sign up once more. If you still encounter difficulties, please send an email at [email protected] and I will set up the domain for you.

Regards,

jg
Collapse

Jeannie Graham
Jeannie Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
same problem exactly May 16, 2003

I am having the same problem exactly. When I click on sign up it tells me I need to be a Platinum member, which I am!!!!

I seem to be going around in circles.

Any help appreciated.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Bug fixed May 16, 2003

kalimeh,

Fortunately, I was able to reproduce the problem with your account. I found the bug in the hosting sign-up page, and it should be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

jg

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not recognised as platinum member for registration for domain/hosting

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »