Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:53
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Audio to greet us Jan 25, 2010

Suzan Hamer wrote:

so you can have an audio pronunciation thing for it. Or can you just add one to the site someplace, so if the question arises again, people can just click on the pronunciation icon to hear the proper pronunciation. (Referring to Henry D's audio links.)

[Edited at 2009-12-15 21:49 GMT]

That's a great idea provided...this audio pronunciation will greet the visitor or member in her or his native language.

Sounds like the perfect job post for ProZ.com.
And it would be one that covers all the languages on this site.

Regards

[Edited at 2010-01-25 18:41 GMT]

Ian Clark (X)
Ian Clark (X)
United Kingdom
Japanese to English
+ ...
Sorry, Fernanda, but... Jul 3, 2012

Aquila was correct. All four of her examples have identical pronunciation.

Although the pronunciation of the first three letters of 'prostitutes' (i.e. 'pro') is the same as the pronunciation of the first three letters of 'profit' (or 'prophet' for that matter), the pronunciation changes when 'prostitutes' is abbreviated to 'pros' - in the abbreviated form, it is indeed pronounced 'prose'...

Looks like the eagle has landed...
See more
Aquila was correct. All four of her examples have identical pronunciation.

Although the pronunciation of the first three letters of 'prostitutes' (i.e. 'pro') is the same as the pronunciation of the first three letters of 'profit' (or 'prophet' for that matter), the pronunciation changes when 'prostitutes' is abbreviated to 'pros' - in the abbreviated form, it is indeed pronounced 'prose'...

Looks like the eagle has landed
Collapse

24153up140or
24153up140or
United States
Local time: 00:53
why? Mar 27, 2019

did the creators have to name the website after my last name really? that really offends me, you'll know how I feel if you where in my shoes. and it's pronounced liked rose but you add a p in front so it goes like this p-rose.

[Edited at 2019-03-27 14:21 GMT]

Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:53
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Derived words Apr 8, 2019

Thought of:
ProZophobe = someone who does not like the Proz site
deProzify = leave the Proz site (opposite: emproZify)
ProZification = the process of becoming part of the community

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pronuncing and writing 'ProZ.com'

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »