Powwow: Barcelona - Spain

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Barcelona - Spain".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Maeva Cifuentes
Maeva Cifuentes  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:35
French to English
+ ...
Request to meet earlier Aug 3, 2015

Hi Keelin!
Thanks for asking. I know it's hard to round up people before 8 pm in Barcelona usually...however, I am open to meet at 7 or 7:30 if everyone else is happy to! I haven't made any reservations yet so it might be okay. What does everyone else think?

Eugenio Garcia-Salmones
Eugenio Garcia-Salmones  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2015)
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
Dos pájaros de un tiro. Aug 7, 2015

Buenas Maeva;
Este seria mi primer Powwow, Tengo una sobrinita recién nacida a quien conocer, aprovecharía el viaje a Barna y mataría dos pájaros de un tiro.
¿Me puedes contar como funciona el asunto?
Gracias de antemano.
Eugenio

Maeva Cifuentes
Spain
French to English
+ ...
= Aug 10, 2015

Hola Mance!
Claro, que si! Hasta el 18

Markus Hoedl
Markus Hoedl  Identity Verified
Spain
English to German
+ ...
Hora Aug 10, 2015

Hola Maeva,

Para mí, no hay ningún problema de acudir antes. 18:00 o 19:00, lo que sea...
Probablemente viene mi esposa también.

Saludos,
Markus

Takeshi Nagasawa
Takeshi Nagasawa  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Japanese
+ ...
Moving the meeting time Aug 19, 2015

Hello Maeva,

This will be my first Powwow and I am very much looking forward to it
Regarding the meeting time, moving it to 19:00 or 19:30 is fine for me since my last bus is at 22:00(Pl. Catalunya).

Best regards,
Takeshi

keelin feeney
keelin feeney  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 02:35
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Moving the meeting time Aug 19, 2015

Hi Maeva,

That would be great if we could move the meeting time to about 7pm! I am looking forward to meeting everyone

Diana Llorente
Diana Llorente  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Is this a dinner or are we just going to have some drinks? Aug 19, 2015

I actually have another dinner on the same day, that I'm trying to move, but as I see that we're meeting early, I was wondering if I could have some drinks with you and then go to my next dinner. Or are we planning to go a restaurant straight around 7:30.

Just to know what you were thinking of, I know how difficult it's to organise anything with so many people, so I don't want to "press" to do anything in particular.... See more
I actually have another dinner on the same day, that I'm trying to move, but as I see that we're meeting early, I was wondering if I could have some drinks with you and then go to my next dinner. Or are we planning to go a restaurant straight around 7:30.

Just to know what you were thinking of, I know how difficult it's to organise anything with so many people, so I don't want to "press" to do anything in particular.

Diana
Collapse

Maeva Cifuentes
Spain
French to English
+ ...
Drinks and dinner Aug 19, 2015

Thanks for your comments guys! Anybody who just want drinks is welcome to come just for that. Let's set it at 18:30 since that seems to be a better time for everyone. We can also do dinner for those who want to eat, but this is mostly about getting to know each other and discussing so if you just want drinks that will be just fine!

Diana Llorente
Diana Llorente  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
OK, great Aug 19, 2015

Thanks for your reply, Maeva. See you at 18:30 then!

Tim Ganassi
Tim Ganassi
Spain
Member (2012)
English to French
+ ...
teatre neu is "en obras" right now, not sure when they finish Aug 21, 2015

Hi everyone!

I happen to live nearby and they've been doing (and are still doing at this day) some serious construction work. They might finish by the time of the powwow but it could be worth checking...

[Edited at 2015-08-26 05:27 GMT]

Maeva Cifuentes
Spain
French to English
+ ...
I will check Aug 27, 2015

Hi everyone. Once I get back into Barcelona this weekend I will go in person to the Teatre Neu and see what their situation is. If it's unavailable I'll find another place (any suggestions?)

Tim Ganassi
Tim Ganassi
Spain
Member (2012)
English to French
+ ...
checked yesterday Aug 31, 2015

Maeva Cifuentes wrote:

Hi everyone. Once I get back into Barcelona this weekend I will go in person to the Teatre Neu and see what their situation is. If it's unavailable I'll find another place (any suggestions?)

Hi Maeve and tutti,
I actually asked yesterday. The work only concerns the façade... it's business as usual in the inside! Sorry for the false alarm

Maeva Cifuentes
Spain
French to English
+ ...
Great, one alternative Sep 1, 2015

Hey everyone.
I had an idea today (unless we all are still okay with having a dinner at Teatre Neu), but I thought we could just have an old fashioned potluck picnic at a park away from the festivities. It will be late enough for it to be cooler but still daytime. Let me know what you think!

Markus Hoedl
Markus Hoedl  Identity Verified
Spain
English to German
+ ...
Weather Sep 1, 2015

Hi everybody,
For me it's fine to make a picnic, only I don't understand why you always worry about "having cooled down"? Afternoon temperatures (at this hour) of 27°C are perfect for a picnic! In my home country, Austria, they had temperatures around 35°C almost every day during the past weeks! Anyway, until Sept. 18 it may even be a bit fresh in the evening when the sun has set. Other than that, September in BCN can someti
... See more
Hi everybody,
For me it's fine to make a picnic, only I don't understand why you always worry about "having cooled down"? Afternoon temperatures (at this hour) of 27°C are perfect for a picnic! In my home country, Austria, they had temperatures around 35°C almost every day during the past weeks! Anyway, until Sept. 18 it may even be a bit fresh in the evening when the sun has set. Other than that, September in BCN can sometimes bring some unexpected rain (e. g. the current week they forecast rain almost every day), thus, I guess, we should have a plan B in case it will be raining...

So, when and where will we meet finally?

Best,
Markus
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Barcelona - Spain

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »