Powwow: Stuttgart - Germany

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Stuttgart - Germany".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Seiriol Dafy (X)
Seiriol Dafy (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:16
German to English
+ ...
Language of the powwow Jun 8, 2015

No worries if you don't speak German! Translators in all language pairs welcome.

Besitos, Rotebühlplatz 21, 70178 Stuttgart

7pm, Thursday, 25 June 2015

Please let me know if you intend to come so that I can book a table. I look forward to seeing you there!

Dr. Tilmann Kleinau
Dr. Tilmann Kleinau  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:16
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Sorry, I cannot come. Jun 8, 2015

Have a nice evening - kind regards, Tilmann

Katja Schoone
Katja Schoone  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Besitos Jun 11, 2015

Hi Seiriol,

is it already fix at the Besitos? The truth is, I do not very much like the location The food is far from being Spanish and the wine tastes like vineagar

Been there 3 times now and was disappointed every single time.

Sorry ;-(

Seiriol Dafy (X)
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Besitos Jun 11, 2015

Hi Katja,
I agree with you about the food in Besitos but the reason I chose it again was because of its central location, good train links and it's big so they're very flexible if we change the numbers at short notice. Since I've advertised the event in various places now I think we should stick to Besitos, but if the Stuttgart powwows continue then of course a better place could be found for next time. Sorry about that but hope you'll still join us - maybe stick to beer and bring your own
... See more
Hi Katja,
I agree with you about the food in Besitos but the reason I chose it again was because of its central location, good train links and it's big so they're very flexible if we change the numbers at short notice. Since I've advertised the event in various places now I think we should stick to Besitos, but if the Stuttgart powwows continue then of course a better place could be found for next time. Sorry about that but hope you'll still join us - maybe stick to beer and bring your own olives?
Collapse

Katja Schoone
Katja Schoone  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Besitos Jun 12, 2015

Hi Seiriol,

ok, I understand that, but am happy that you see it the same way

I am not much of a beer trinker, but maybe I stick to mental food

Here is my maybe. Hope I can make it and thanks for the organisation.

Seiriol Dafy (X)
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Don't forget - tomorrow! Jun 24, 2015

Just a quick reminder that the Stuttgart powwow is tomorrow (Thursday). I'm looking forward to meeting you/seeing you again!

If you haven't confirmed whether you're coming, it really would help with the organisation. We have 14 confirmed and 6 maybes at the moment so it looks like it's going to be a good one!

Sabine Winter
Sabine Winter  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:16
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Wish I could join y'all! Jun 25, 2015

Hi Seiriol! Hope we can organize another one next time I'm visiting my hometown! Will likely not be until next year, though. Wishing everyone a great time!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Stuttgart - Germany

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »