Powwow in Oxford, Ohio, USA!
Thread poster: Aaron Gilkison (X)
Aaron Gilkison (X)
Aaron Gilkison (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:54
Apr 1, 2009

Hello All (especially the minority Tri-State translators)!

I thought it might be nice for all of the translators in the Tri-State area (and the greater Midwest for those interested) to get together and realize that we are not alone out here. I chose Oxford for selfish reasons, and because it is halfway between Dayton and Cincinnati and will also give those from Columbus and Indianapolis a relatively central meeting place.

I haven't decided on a real topic for the pow
... See more
Hello All (especially the minority Tri-State translators)!

I thought it might be nice for all of the translators in the Tri-State area (and the greater Midwest for those interested) to get together and realize that we are not alone out here. I chose Oxford for selfish reasons, and because it is halfway between Dayton and Cincinnati and will also give those from Columbus and Indianapolis a relatively central meeting place.

I haven't decided on a real topic for the powwow, but I am open to suggestions. There are a good number of LSPs in the area and I am hoping to get at least one or two representatives from them to attend.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to your replies!

Aaron
Collapse

Marna Renteria
Marna Renteria  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
Finally, a Powwow nearby! Apr 1, 2009

I would love to come to a Powwow in Ohio! I am in Indiana.

sarandor
sarandor  Identity Verified
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
I would be interested as well Apr 1, 2009

I live in Athens, Ohio (about 1.5 hours SE from Columbus).

Aaron Gilkison (X)
Aaron Gilkison (X)  Identity Verified
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Oxford, OH Powwow Page Apr 2, 2009

I'm really excited to see people already interested in attending the Powwow in Oxford. Please feel free to visit the Powwow Page and sign up to attend! As time progresses I will keep you updated on specific locations, topics, and other relevant information. Thanks!

Oxford, Ohio Powwow Page:

http://www.proz.com/powwow/2617

Alp Berker
Alp Berker  Identity Verified
United States
Turkish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Good to see some in the region Apr 2, 2009

Several have already been held in both Louisville and Indianapolis. We have already have had 3 powwows in Indianapolis see http://www.proz.com/powwow_report/2132
There was an attempt at one in Cincinnatti, but no one came.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Powwow in Oxford, Ohio, USA!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »